Protein Bars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, tried some Sport Beans from the good folks over at Jelly Belly was impressed. Tasty and did give me a nice boost of energy. I also tried a Honey Waffle from Honey Stingers. Loved the idea, and the taste was alright but it was a little too chewy and powdery for my taste. The waffle would've provided a good shot of fats and carbs but it just wasn't doing it for me.

Might have a winner here...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399235940.529612.jpg

Never seen a "Bonk Breaker" before but I snagged one to try while hiking today and I love it! The consistency is somewhere between a Cliff and a Powerbar, and it was surprisingly moist. Only good for a few months but I want to look into some techniques for extending that shelf-life because this thing was tasty and provided a nice boost. I kinda wish I had another one to eat right now; it's really that good. Will look into the other flavors too but Peanut Butter and Banana are my usual favorites, together or separately. Had some sugars, 8g of protein, and some fats. Short list of easy to pronounce ingredients, which is always a plus.

I had some old granola bars that were way past the expiration and they still tasted good. I think as long as you keep them cool and dry they are fine for years past the date. Just don't put them where the mice will find them I lost about 10 pounds of granola last year in my cabinet the mice made a whole in the wall and ate a whole in my boxes. Every single box was empty. Kids got mad at the mice because even the fruit leather I had put away was gone.

Latest posts

Back