PRotect Your Electronics In An EMP!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The numerous Congressional Commission EMP Reports all show we are not fully protected on our grid. Dr Peter Vincent Pry is not convinced at all that most of us would not die if hit with certain EMPs. That is why they openly predict 90% of Americans dead in the first 12 months.

Just a little comment regarding vehicles. Most riding mowers (especially the cheaper ones) are still equipped with carburetors and mechanical ignition and should continue to run OK. Some of the high dollar units with EFI might fail but the cheap and older ones should continue running. I have a couple of those so that will provide we with some transportation. The new UTV that I just purchased has EFI and a computer, most likely it will die. I also have several older cars (70s and one early 80s) that hopefully will continue to run. I think everyone will be surprised how many cars will still be one the road. Just go to a classic car, car show, and see how many of those things are still around. On my street, over half of the houses (including mine) have some type of classic collector cars. I just noticed a neighbor has acquired a beautiful 63 Ford Galaxie. A close friend of ours will be picking up his original 67 Camaro any day now. Restored to original condition with original carburetor and point ignition. Neighbor across the street, has an older Camaro drag car. May be noisy and hard to drive, but with a carburetor and mechanical ignition would continue to run for emergency usage. It would be interesting what people would be using after an EMP kills the newer stuff.

PS, wifey actually would be happy if we went back to horses. Maybe then those things will "pay back" some of the expenses.

Caught the back end of a conversation with Mark Levin on his Sunday show on FOX with an EMP expert. Said it would only cost America 2-4 billion to upgrade the grid. Know any democrats who are speaking out about this subject???
Dear Lord, how in bed are some of these politicians with China or other American enemies???
Joe must think E.M.P. means Eat my pudding, cause he's in the dark on this... Too bad white nationals aren't behind this.
Many thanks,
Erqueen75 :USA:

Just a little comment regarding vehicles. Most riding mowers (especially the cheaper ones) are still equipped with carburetors and mechanical ignition and should continue to run OK. Some of the high dollar units with EFI might fail but the cheap and older ones should continue running. I have a couple of those so that will provide we with some transportation. The new UTV that I just purchased has EFI and a computer, most likely it will die. I also have several older cars (70s and one early 80s) that hopefully will continue to run. I think everyone will be surprised how many cars will still be one the road. Just go to a classic car, car show, and see how many of those things are still around. On my street, over half of the houses (including mine) have some type of classic collector cars. I just noticed a neighbor has acquired a beautiful 63 Ford Galaxie. A close friend of ours will be picking up his original 67 Camaro any day now. Restored to original condition with original carburetor and point ignition. Neighbor across the street, has an older Camaro drag car. May be noisy and hard to drive, but with a carburetor and mechanical ignition would continue to run for emergency usage. It would be interesting what people would be using after an EMP kills the newer stuff.

PS, wifey actually would be happy if we went back to horses. Maybe then those things will "pay back" some of the expenses.
Trust me, they won’t. I got 10 yrs worth of feed bills to prove it.

Any way that Galaxie is a 500 Tri-power 406 ?

This month's issue of Nexus Magazine, which someone sent me, has an article on just this subject. It seems advances have been made. Not only are non-nuke EMPs possible but now there are tactical weapons which can be localized. There is even a carbon-fiber bomb in which the carbon particles are so fine they get into electronics and short them out.

Latest posts

Back