Project on prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoraExplores

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am doing a little project about prepping, motherhood and coronavirus and want to make a little collection of people's photos of their preps/good items to have etc - I would really appreciate your involvement so please let me know if you're interested!
Have a lovely Saturday!

Good evening Dora, here are a few pic of some of my stuff. The first one is a shelving holding the excess daily needs which will be brought up from the cellar if we run out in the daily kitchen pantry.
Food racks.JPG
Next is a corner where liquids and dry goods in glass are stored to keep the mice and/or insects out...
Arrows.JPG
Then I have a cabinet for gas and petroleum lamps and such:
Gas lamps.JPG
I have 5 drawers of immediate first aid, batteries, firestarters and seeds for a garden. Another 2 boxes of first aid are also here.
first aid batteries.JPG
There is a larger shelving for sleeping bags, tents, water, propane gas, boots and some misc. things:
camping.JPG
I also have assorted extra cooking utensils and canning glass jars.
cooking.JPG
There is an extra little cabinet for dry goods, flour, sugar, coffee, baking things and noodles...
dry goods.JPG
The last little cabinet is filled with 4 different cooking capabilities, Butane, propane, alcohol and gasoline. Also around 5oo candles.
gas cooking.JPG
What you cannot see are 5 containers weighing in from 40 to 200 pounds of dry goods, canned goods, water, TP and miscellaneous things and a large footlocker filled with around 400 lbs of the same. The containers are steel drums and 3mm thick plastic, both types with a waterproof sealing lid. Rounding the collection is 70 liters of petrol, 60 liters of cooking alcohol, 100 liters of water, 4 filters for water, 3 BOB, 2 EDC, 1 INCH, fishing and hunting equipment, extra winter clothing, two generators, a transportable solar system and a chemical toilet. Around 1 year of food, without hunting or fishing. 6 months if the kids come. 3-4 if the Grandkids are here also...All can be loaded in under 2 hours and the 4X4 with camping trailer can disappear to around 1200 kilometers radius. GP

My preps are mostly scattered about hidden in plain sight. I do have some on shelves in the shop though. No one would ever suspect the spot where most of the freeze dried food is hidden in plain sight. Hell, my wife doesn't even know they are there and would never suspect anything unusual was there.

did you manage to hold onto your stuff when IIRC you lost your home a couple of times??
Yes, a lot of the hardware goes each time. My wife still smokes and I get to tell her, if you waste $100 a month on tobacco, then I get to do something with my $100 (or more, just don't ever tell here that). Flea markets have sleeping bags, tents, cookers, boots, fishing and camping stuff and at 10% of the normal prices of new. We go 6-8 times a year and I get stuff, she gets clowns, paintings and pretty things. E-bay has great cheap things if you wait till the last minute and overbid the people only upping the price a half an Euro each day. Only the knives, clothes and boots do I get the best quality and buy new. GP

Latest posts

Back