Primitive Shelters

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool as well, i have also seen this video. Everyone should have a shelter plan rather it be a make it yourself one or a pre built bunker, a shelter is a must ..!

I have used this type of shelter before very effective and quick it kept me warm and dry.

Neat but time consuming, calorie consuming, and resource intensive. if you planned on hunkering down in the locale i would agree as a temporary shelter it would be nice but the lean too is probably the best field expedient shelter out there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2mldK_j-2gQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2mldK_j-2gQ

oh I agree completly, I was talking about more like while your in transit or in a rest peroid while foraging/scouting.

oh I agree completly, I was talking about more like while your in transit or in a rest peroid while foraging/scouting.
Thats why i threw the lean too out there it was awesome while on the move you get a natural looking shelter that provides cover and concealment, its easy to tear down and super easy to build another .

Thats why i threw the lean too out there it was awesome while on the move you get a natural looking shelter that provides cover and concealment, its easy to tear down and super easy to build another .

I learned how to make those in scouting. learned good tricks from my Father who served 2 volunteer tours in the 'Nam.
Thanks Dad. Good man. RIP.

A lot of shelters and lean to work great if your in the forest, but if you find yourself in a swamp or desert it's a bit more difficult. I absolutley HATE swamps, hard to stay dry, filled with a ton of biting, stinging insects, and usually everything that lives there is meaner than hell or poisonous.

I don't know any videos for this shelter but it a high stand shelter. Basically get 4 poles long enough to stand 4 ft out of the water around you, and place them far enough apart to make a comfortable shelter for you and your gear and other people. Lash four more poles horizontally about a foot above the water level and another four towards the top. Place smaller sized poles across both sets to create a surface to lay on and to cover your shelter. In a swamp you can use branches and leaves to place over the top of your shelter to help keep water out.

This helps keep you out of the water, gives you a chance to change out of wet clothes, and you can also build another, smaller version of this, lined with rocks and mud to build a fire on, or if you build your shelter large enough you can build a fire on it but I would suggest against that unless you absolutely have to.

Latest posts

Back