Preventative surgery?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShellShock11C

Reaction score
So, I'm sitting here watching a video on some kid who got appendicitis and thinking about such an issue in a post-civilization scenario, it seems like it would be pretty much 100% fatal. I also saw that the appendix is pretty much useless. What do you guys/gals think of having surgery to prevent a medical issue from occurring? I'm reading online that doctors warn against this, but it never says why. I don't mean for this thread to be all about appendectomies, but about "pre-issue" surgery in general.

In a true post-civilization scenario, our life expectancy will drop by at least 50%, so we should come to terms with that.
There will be very unpleasant scenes and people will die from the slightest things, that will be so, who can not come to terms with it for the better to never experience the post-civilization scenario or to go before.

This should not be a criticism, but you have to learn to deal with it, everything has an end, but the end in a post-civilizational scenario hangs over us every day.
Our European ancestors had the motto, it was more honorable to fall young in battle than to suffer as an old person from various things, it was just fate and given, it was normal.

In a post-civilization scenario, a diseased tooth can mean death, but that is not why I remove all teeth.
There are too many risks that can lead to death, even the simplest accidents, if you break your leg you are written off.

I always say to myself, if my goddess calls me, she will get me, there is no way around it, at this moment you should hope that it is over quickly that you can go without great suffering in the next world, we are all expected.

Last edited:
I'm in the same camp as @ban1985. You can prepare for some, but not all eventualities. Instead of paying for an elective surgery out of pocket, the money would better be spent on finding a doctor/surgeon to join your group and preparing a proper medical room and supplies for them to do their job. That way, you will be able to mitigate not just appendicitis but, the many other things that can go wrong.

Good idea RC&D! Another option is to find a surgeon or two close by and create a relationship with them now. I’ve done that with a surgeon, GP, nurse and chiropractor who are all within a few miles. Two have their own homesteads. The dentist I had gotten close to fell very ill after taking the jab. His insurance required it of his practice. The surgeon, nurse and chiropractor refused it. So I need to get on the ball and find another dentist.

Oh and don’t forget to find a pharmacist!! Very important in my humble opinion. We’ve got a late 30s awesome one! He even refused the jab AND refused to administer it to anyone! They have a nice homestead.

Latest posts

Back