Preserving with Salt

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like blood sausage or black pudding as we Brits call it however I am not a big fan of the mustamakkara it differs from the British one. Ours is more fatty while the Finnish or at least the Tampere one has rye in it. Also I would never dream of eating black pudding with Jam. You crazy Finns!!!

lingonberry jam, mmmmmmmm :D
but this is not sausage šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£
----
by the way, I prefer wild raspberry, forrest.
Š¼Ńƒ

2018-07-16-473.jpg

my oh my,those wild ones have so much taste,fantastic.

we had wild raspberry bushes here more or less,just outside the door,then one sunny day,some man from the city came and cut them all down...
you have more blueberries, blŠ°ŃŠŗberries and mogo flies in Finland.
3289.jpeg
We collected about 200 liters a day, and then cleaned and cooked the Varenie
-------
Do you know how to quickly peel large amounts of blueberries?
I will tell you the technology.

it's versatile as heck,you can do a load of different foods with it, when I was a young conscript,the army here absolutly adored spam, it was in soups, steews and many more, only thing that didn't have it was the porridge they served us in the mornings.

tongue,when it's made right,it's fantastic,tender meat,but it's bloody hard to find it here.
also love blood sausages, blood pudding,blood pancakes.

never tried tripe.

My mother used to make cow's tongue, and I always enjoyed it. I thought it was very good.

Tripe is like eating rubber bands. You chew forever and never get anywhere. If you haven't tried it you haven't missed anything.

Latest posts

Back