preserving fruit with honey

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman89

Reaction score
i was scrolling around on another forum and i came across this and thought wth i never knew you could do such a thing lol. so i figured id share this piece of new information with you guys.
p.s. i dont own this information and im not the original poster

I knew that you could make jams and jellies with honey, but the ratio needed escapes me at the moment. Isn't it great when you find new things out?

i was scrolling around on another forum and i came across this and thought wth i never knew you could do such a thing lol. so i figured id share this piece of new information with you guys.
p.s. i dont own this information and im not the original poster
I knew that you could make jams and jellies with honey, but the ratio needed escapes me at the moment. Isn't it great when you find new things out?
This is new to me. I had no clue you could use honey as a preservative.
but then, I have no clue as to how to "can" my own food.

Clyde my friend, next summer, you are going to have to come out here for a week and learn all of these things. For me that is the easiest way to teach and to learn is by showing.

Clyde my friend, next summer, you are going to have to come out here for a week and learn all of these things. For me that is the easiest way to teach and to learn is by showing.
I so do appreciate the offer. I agree with that being the best way to learn. I personally learn best by doing

We'll work something out, even if it's nothing but my kid taking videos of what I'm doing and sending them.

I still cannot post a picture or anything like that on here or I would do a series of tutorials on canning and other things if people wanted to see them.

If I do it, then I want to see your finished products Clyde, that way I know you've got it down pat.

No, it won't let me post pictures. I'm figuring it has something to do with the fact I have Windows 8.

Canning is easy peasy, I have faith in you. And thank you for looking into the picture thing.

Canning is easy Dart. Just make sure you have the right canner to do the job. You can just buy a pressure canner and use it for both water bath canning and pressure canning, but you cannot pressure can with a water bath canner. Ask all the questions you like here on the board, we're here to help.

In fact I have my canner going now with 11 pints of green beans I picked this morning. The one garden I have left is starting to come on strong so I'm going to be running around baking bread for market and trying to can up everything from the garden, lol. I won't know if I'm coming or going! I was also just informed that I need to restock all the jellies and jams. Could someone please clone me? Tell you what Dart, come to my house and you'll get hand's on experience!;)

I hear the basic book that comes in most starter canning sets is actually pretty good. We won't be getting into it, until next year, so will have to come back to this afterwards.

Latest posts

Back