Prepping Strategies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes,it's a military map
with pretty much everything on it.

I also have obtained a military grade map of the next 100 square miles around my house in Germany. Elevations, distance, landmarks and everything I need to bug-out if needed with 5 colors, as needed. I also have maps of Germany, Austria, Switzerland and even Sweden and Norway, never know when the GPS system could fail and only a real map will get you there. GP

I tried to give it back,but my instructor for that weekend just said to keep it,study it,you might need to know it well someday,
perhaps some of the markings are for "us mortar teams",who knows..

They have a saying here in Germany: "if someone gives you a horse for free, do not be disrespectful and check his teeth" Take the money and run jontte, the map is always the best to have anyway. Only too many people in this world depend on GPS. If it dies, they don't know where they are or where they need to go...GP

Waterproof everything you can. My BOB has a military survival manual wrapped in plastic, socks, clothes, knives, compass. Everything, if you need it, unpack it. If not, the packing will hold a lot of air and help your BOB float if you or it falls into water...

to be honest,if I hadn't busted my knee and my shoulder,later is almost ok and working 3 shifts,I would most likely adopt a pooch for company,security
and alarm,but it's nice to know,as I've had them quite often here with me and occasionally order a pizza home,the delivery guys ring the door bell ever so softly
and give me the pizza very carefully and leave even more so quickly,so it's known that I have dogs here ;) ...knee is mending too,but more slowly than I like.

to be honest,if I hadn't busted my knee and my shoulder,later is almost ok and working 3 shifts,I would most likely adopt a pooch for company,security
and alarm,but it's nice to know,as I've had them quite often here with me and occasionally order a pizza home,the delivery guys ring the door bell ever so softly
and give me the pizza very carefully and leave even more so quickly,so it's known that I have dogs here ;) ...knee is mending too,but more slowly than I like.

I must have missed you getting hurt Jontte. Sorry to hear this.

it happens,this time it took some water on a tile floor at work,thankfully I didn't wear my summer shoes for work,those infamous "crocs" or the insurance company would have said thanks and goodbye,had proper working shoes,though I'm fighting my workhealthcare doc about pain meds, need those to work and when
I work she thinks I don't need them, catch-22 on this, my shoulder went when one of the dogs saw a squirrel,I didn't notice it and focused my attention on the other, crap happens..my brother told as my injuries seem to climd up on my body that maybe I should wear a helmet...just in case:rolleyes:

it happens,this time it took some water on a tile floor at work,thankfully I didn't wear my summer shoes for work,those infamous "crocs" or the insurance company would have said thanks and goodbye,had proper working shoes,
Screw the insurance companies and lawyers, I wore comfortable shoes to work. Every year when we signed off on the dress code I pointed out to the boss that I would not comply, workplace dress code be damned.

it happens,this time it took some water on a tile floor at work,thankfully I didn't wear my summer shoes for work,those infamous "crocs" or the insurance company would have said thanks and goodbye,had proper working shoes,though I'm fighting my workhealthcare doc about pain meds, need those to work and when
I work she thinks I don't need them, catch-22 on this, my shoulder went when one of the dogs saw a squirrel,I didn't notice it and focused my attention on the other, crap happens..my brother told as my injuries seem to climd up on my body that maybe I should wear a helmet...just in case:rolleyes:

Speaking of dogs. My sister in law got a new dog and was walking it. It saw a squirrel and jerked and tore her rotater Cuff. She said it felt like her entire arm dislocated. She had surgery yesterday.

Latest posts

Back