Prepping Strategies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A collapsible fold up bicycle in your trunk/boot would be a good thing to have, along with a get home bag.
In Vietnam, Charlie used bicycles to transport everything through the jungles on footpaths. Up to 500 lbs. of rice, ammo or mortars on a bike, with a piece of bamboo tied to the steering bar as an extension to steer better since they could not walk directly next to the bike. One would balance and steer and others would pull on a rope uphill. Sleds in winter. I have a red kite in my BOB for flying as a signal, 150 high. It is also used to pull a sled over snow, a boat over water or a wheeled vehicle on roads. Looks like a small parachute/paraglider. Your dog can also carry a small sattle for his own food or your ammo...GP

A collapsible fold up bicycle in your trunk/boot would be a good thing to have, along with a get home bag.
Yup got one with Puncture Proof tyres from the Green Tyre Company in the UK, just a little folding shopping bike but better than walking. I use it already to get around camping grounds.

Puncture proofs are a good idea...BTW, Hey SE, do you possibly own any shares of the Green Tyre Co. seeing as you are doing some advertisment for them?? GP
Nup its just a local company I know about, I got some puncture proof tyres for a disabled lad so he can go crosccountry in his wheelchair

Let me know what you all think.
What is your strategy?
Do you have another type of strategy that I did not list?[/QUOTE]

Thank you Daniel8. This was a really well thought out post.

Though intending to bug in I think our plans need a great deal of flexibility, and though many of us PLAN to stay put we know know plans rarely survive the first encounter. So I PLAN to bug in but I'm still continiously carrying out reccies (recon) of useful assets and locations in about a 40 miles radius.

We also have several densely wooded and well watered valley areas within 30 min. Hardly traveled and easily closed with a chopped down tree or 2 to block the entry roads. Bug out only if necessary with the 21 foot camper trailer, push it deep into the woods, camo and cover. Natural springs in 2 valleys. Creeks everywhere. Hope I don't need to since the house is so well insulated we don't heat in winter except the worst of sub-zero days. If we bake or cook, the kitchen/dining room is warm.

One thing I am happier with is thought I'm intending to bug in I'm a rampant believer in not having all the eggs in one basket. so accordingly I still have remotely stored caches of supplies.

We are still finding caches of old Nazi guns and ammo in the mountains. There are still untold numbers of stuff buried and forgotten from those who never came back or never survived. A family in Austria bought a old farm and when digging the root cellar deeper, found buried gold, silver, coins and valuables. Evidently from fleeing Jews, thinking they will return after the war and have something to start over with...GP

We are still finding caches of old Nazi guns and ammo in the mountains. There are still untold numbers of stuff buried and forgotten from those who never came back or never survived. A family in Austria bought a old farm and when digging the root cellar deeper, found buried gold, silver, coins and valuables. Evidently from fleeing Jews, thinking they will return after the war and have something to start over with...GP

That is heartbreaking

in the first stages,I stay put,try to get family to my place asap,as it seems I have the "works",the training and motivation.
have already on a paper map,places of various stuff,kinda like that map,forgot to give it back after my unit had a training session,so yes,it's a military map
with pretty much everything on it.

gettin' out from here could prove tricky,but there is a BOL,with a boat at hand a second one.

Latest posts

Back