Prepping in central Mass

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okkeithson

Reaction score
Hi, My wife and I are taking our next step in prepping for the civil unrest that we see escalating, seems like daily, and expect to eventually turn into total chaos in our lifetime. We've stockpiled foodstuffs enough for a few months, but realize that if things get bad enough that we need to rely on it; non-preppers will almost surely attempt to take it from us. So, we've decided it's time to think hidden bunker for the protection of our family. Hopefully this forum will help us to make more right decisions before we spend a lot of energy, time, and dollars making the wrong ones.

Hi, My wife and I are taking our next step in prepping for the civil unrest that we see escalating, seems like daily, and expect to eventually turn into total chaos in our lifetime. We've stockpiled foodstuffs enough for a few months, but realize that if things get bad enough that we need to rely on it; non-preppers will almost surely attempt to take it from us. So, we've decided it's time to think hidden bunker for the protection of our family. Hopefully this forum will help us to make more right decisions before we spend a lot of energy, time, and dollars making the wrong ones.
Welcome to the site!
I fear those who haven't prepared themselves won't be the only ones coming for your food. FEMA will assuredly join them.

We hope to this upcoming year, build a hidden underground bunker, using a shipping container. We live rural enough that we could accomplish it without taking out permits still. Our goal is to store our bulk foodstuffs, weapons, etc in it so that we can go underground quickly & easily. Interested in using solar for the house and rerouting some to the shelter, opening up all kinds of possibilities. No idea how solar power would react to a emp though. Anyone have that knowledge here? Thanks

You could store extra wind turbines and solar panels In a faraday cage in case yours get fried, just swap them over then

Welcome! Most of us here have a pretty good idea about prepping and are free with our answers. The only thing I would say about making a bunker out of a container is make damn sure you get the ventilation right! You mess that up and your bunker can turn into your grave. And ALWAYS have a second way out in case someone finds your first way in.

In a second suggestion I would not place all my eggs in one basket. Have a decent supply in your shelter, but it doesn't hurt to bury some in other locations where only you can find them to make sure if you DO have to bug out of your bunker you have an alternative location with some supplies. There is no such thing as too paranoid when it comes to your safety and that of your family.

Yeah seriously, poor ventilation can cause lung problems/Infections, can kill, can destroy food stores, can destroy crops if indoor growing with lights , real bad for young uns etc etc, personally I would use dehumidifiers alongside an extraction system that was ducted through a carbon filter, say for example your bunker Is completely hidden from view but when you cook a meal or smoke a cigarette you will give your location away ,, but them carbon filters make even very potent smells neutralised also the secondary exit is a must in my opinion

Welcome and thanks for joining. I'm sure you all will bring an interesting experience to our community. You have some specific areas to contend with that many of us don't. It makes for a good blend of ideas, IMO.

Welcome, I'm from western Maine its nice to see some more people from our region in the forum

I'm in upstate NY so welcome! I don't have any expertise in that area but hi anyway!

Latest posts

Back