Prepping for your Neighbors

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you try to get your neighbors into prepping?

• YES but let them know where you stand

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • NO let them fend for themselves I got plenty of ammo

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Maybe but only the ones I like.

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
The probability of a blackout is high in Europe, the grids are at the limit. In addition, there is the nuclear phase-out of Germany, by 2022 all nuclear power plants there will be shut down and only a few are still operating. Furthermore, Germany also wants to shut down all coal-fired power plants, where you get the electricity from is questionable.
In winter the German solar and wind power plants don't bring much and a lot of electricity has to be imported, it needs a very cold winter and a line north to south has to fail, and Europe is sitting in the dark very fast, and that could take a long time until there is electricity here again. One thing is almost certain, a blackout that lasts a few days here will claim thousands more victims than Corona. Whether you will bring the grid back up is another question. Furthermore, these networks and transformers are endangered by hackers and terrorists, transformer stations are everywhere and they are not guarded or shielded, it always amazes me that terrorists have never planned an attack on such a plant, without energy we quickly live again in the stone age, with the ongoing digitalization and the shutdown of analog systems, this system is becoming more and more delicate. I installed an emergency power system in the basement two years ago, but I have to be honest just to bridge a mini blackout and only for the most important devices. If it goes on for more than a week or two I disappear into the mountains, even if it is a big risk, but better to end up as wildlife, because then people become animals.

OK, I guess I am a real A-hole about this and not very Christian at all. No way in hell will I be offering prepping advice. I will play dumb until they wake one morning and we are gone to parts unknown. Only the blind cannot figure out what may be coming. The globalists no longer try to hide their agenda.

If someone comes to you and asks guidance in prepping, I would just play dumb and suggest looking into internet forums. It's not that hard. I damn sure wouldn't offer up that we had experience in prepping! We all walk these newbies through it step by step on this forum. Second, I think the "bug-in vs bug-out" debate is over for city folk. If I was an urban prepper and could not afford some land, I would have a used travel trailer packed and ready to go in 15 minutes notice and GetTheHellOutOfDodge the minute it starts to fall apart. The goal is to last a year. Their supplies should be focused on that. The massive bloodletting should be over by then.

The ones I feel sympathy for are the children. The same with every societal upheaval. It is they that suffer for their parents stupidity.

but how many of the general public know that, or even care?? not many.
OK, I guess I am a real A-hole about this and not very Christian at all. No way in hell will I be offering prepping advice. I will play dumb until they wake one morning and we are gone to parts unknown. Only the blind cannot figure out what may be coming. The globalists no longer try to hide their agenda.

If someone comes to you and asks guidance in prepping, I would just play dumb and suggest looking into internet forums. It's not that hard. I damn sure wouldn't offer up that we had experience in prepping! We all walk these newbies through it step by step on this forum. Second, I think the "bug-in vs bug-out" debate is over for city folk. If I was an urban prepper and could not afford some land, I would have a used travel trailer packed and ready to go in 15 minutes notice and GetTheHellOutOfDodge the minute it starts to fall apart. The goal is to last a year. Their supplies should be focused on that. The massive bloodletting should be over by then.

The ones I feel sympathy for are the children. The same with every societal upheaval. It is they that suffer for their parents stupidity.

Oh come on guys. We need these Boshevics. Zero preparation. Desperate. Perfect. I will need indentured servants (polite term for slaves). The stubborn ones will feed my dogs and fertilize the garden. I need dog food and fertilizer. 150 lbs of dog food/fertilizer for a $1 round, I'd call that quite the bargain. So if it takes 2 or 3 shots, or even 10, it's still a good price. It's not different than what pawn shops do taking advantage of the desperate today, just a higher price tag. They had their chance, when SHTF they'll be paying the price.

The probability of a blackout is high in Europe, the grids are at the limit. In addition, there is the nuclear phase-out of Germany, by 2022 all nuclear power plants there will be shut down and only a few are still operating. Furthermore, Germany also wants to shut down all coal-fired power plants, where you get the electricity from is questionable.
In winter the German solar and wind power plants don't bring much and a lot of electricity has to be imported, it needs a very cold winter and a line north to south has to fail, and Europe is sitting in the dark very fast, and that could take a long time until there is electricity here again. One thing is almost certain, a blackout that lasts a few days here will claim thousands more victims than Corona. Whether you will bring the grid back up is another question. Furthermore, these networks and transformers are endangered by hackers and terrorists, transformer stations are everywhere and they are not guarded or shielded, it always amazes me that terrorists have never planned an attack on such a plant, without energy we quickly live again in the stone age, with the ongoing digitalization and the shutdown of analog systems, this system is becoming more and more delicate. I installed an emergency power system in the basement two years ago, but I have to be honest just to bridge a mini blackout and only for the most important devices. If it goes on for more than a week or two I disappear into the mountains, even if it is a big risk, but better to end up as wildlife, because then people become animals.

Same story here in the UK, We are supposed to be building new nuclear plants but the last investor ( Hitachi) just dropped out meaning the UK is becoming desperately short of generating caopacity, as it is much of the SE of England relys on French nuclear power at peak times in winter.

Same story here in the UK, We are supposed to be building new nuclear plants but the last investor ( Hitachi) just dropped out....

You might be lucky that Hitachi didn’t take a nuclear dump In your backyard. The last Japanese reactor had a few problems....

Timeline+of+the+Fukushima+Daiichi+nuclear+disaster+image++2.jpg

the only nuclear reactor being built in the UK at the moment is Hinckley Point C(on the Somerset coast) and that wont be ready until 2030, Hinckley Point B is being shut down in 2022 so they are only replacing one with another not increasing the number.

Last edited:
Don
Same story here in the UK, We are supposed to be building new nuclear plants but the last investor ( Hitachi) just dropped out meaning the UK is becoming desperately short of generating caopacity, as it is much of the SE of England relys on French nuclear power at peak times in winter.
Don't worry Bill, Boris has a plan. All UK homes to use off-shore wind by 2030.

No, because there is no way to broach the subject without revealing WE are prepping. I figure if by now, they are not smart enough to have begun prepping for themselves, their flippant attitude about what is ahead and life in general is not one I care to support downstream.

You can still prep a few things for them that will benefit you. Body bags are a useful thing.

Latest posts

Back