Prepping for your Neighbors

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you try to get your neighbors into prepping?

• YES but let them know where you stand

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • NO let them fend for themselves I got plenty of ammo

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Maybe but only the ones I like.

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
My neighbors have the opportunity to see the same cataclysm that is approaching, yet they live in the fantasy world that everything is wonderful in the Land of Oz. I’m preparing myself and my family. Everyone else is on their own.

I feel good where I’m at , I have the in-laws living on one side of me and the town mayor on the other, he has one son that is a SC state trooper, one work for town water dept. they both are good hunters and excellent marksman as well as downright good young men. I would help my in-laws but the mayors got his family covered, we would help each other with security issues if needed.

"everyone else can go to hell" is used metaphorically or figuratively not literally depending on view ;)
Well of course I knew that. But I have to get my Christian words in when I can!

hell.... ill kill my neighbor if I have to. wouldn't even bat an eye.
I'd do that to some of them even if I didn't have to. Some of they are only alive because it is currently illegal to kill them.

One other thought. There are neighbors I like and know would be a benefit to society eventually when it returns. It doesn't matter if they prep or not, I've made plans to bring them in without their knowledge. So whether I'm planning to take them out or bring them in, their knowledge of the upcoming events is best kept quiet for now. Congratulations will go out either way. One gets a congrats that their next meal is ready for them. The other gets a congrats that there will never be a next meal for them.

no it's not a good idea to talk long term ideas with anyone,,,most look at you like you are a paranoid idiot,,,and if you do plant that seed if and when the SHTF that talk you had will comeback to them and they will start planning how to take what you have

besides most here will do ok they are poor hill people and used to scraping by,,,my plan to keep anyone from looking to hard at me if things go to hell,,,make a once a week circle with the rifle or shotgun on the ATV and they will think I am as bad off as they are

I only talk about prepping in general terms until I realize that someone else is a prepper or at least thinking it that direction. Then I may share ideas with them, but only if it's someone I trust. And I never let anyone know exactly what I have or where I keep it.

And I never let anyone know exactly what I have or where I keep it.

I’ve talked with my brother about being prepared. He has an ungodly amount of firearms and ammunition. I have a more than adequate supply of beans and butter. Between the 2 of us we have the right stuff to survive when the SHTF. My family - Yes. My neighbors - the Hell with them.

Last edited:
Yeah until it becomes your problem. What will you do then? When they come to share what's yours?
if you are like me,,,,you dress down,,,let the old place look grown up and drive a old truck,,,,that way you don't have to worry about the neighbors wanting what you have,,,,,in fact if you do it well enough they worry about if you are ok,,,,,mine check on me all the time

I live in a rural area, scattered house, horses and cows. Most people here are what I call country, with their little farms and such and seems they will do well when SHTF. Many lakes and ponds around for water. As for my neighbors, we live in a 15 house subdivision in the middle of nowhere. The ones I had talked to have since moved further out, lucky b@&t@rds! The remaining ones, I will work with if I have to but they know nothing about me or what I have and I prefer to keep it that way. I will support my family first, the rest I can't say yet. I have a BOL but prefer to stick it out here for as long as I can.

Follow the "Grey" man concept. Be the first to ask your neighbors for any extra's. They won't go to rob the beggar, they will head for the folks that appear to have more. Whine and complain to the neighbors but do not offer to share, that will be a fatal mistake.

My hippie neighbors across the street are as dumb as a bag of cow shit. They have no clue as to what is transpiring, nor do they have any preparations done. They’re too busy growing, smoking and selling their marijuana. I have no intention to help them at all.

This is one of the problems living 20 ft away from people. If SHTF, there is no 'live and let live". You need the safety of the reach of a rifle to be able to 'live and let live'. Otherwise they can take you out any time they want. For example, I have a neighbor that bought their place maybe 7 years ago. I put a note in their mailbox when they bought with my number & said who I was. Never heard from them. In fact I've never seen them in 7 years (from within 1000 ft). And we share 1000 ft of fence. I can ignore them if ShtF, we have a 'comfort' distance. It would be nice to meet them, but not necessary. If you are on 1/4 or even 5 acres, it'll be a different scenario.

BTW, this 'help your neighbor' sounds an awful like being forced to pay taxes to pay people to not have to work. Tastes a bit bitter to me.

Depends on the event I guess, unless its a full blown world epocalypse, then rules and laws will still apply whether people like it or not.
and if its a full blown world event then most of your "ordinary" non prepping folk arent going to survive for long.
I'm talking weeks, months,not years.

Real "hippies" know a lot more about food growing and foraging than most people realise, I have lived amongst them, I'm talking the ones that live it 24/7 not the "Weekend" play acting kind.

My hippie neighbors are dumb, stoned welfare bums. No loss if they get run over by the rampaging mobs.

Real "hippies" know a lot more about food growing and foraging than most people realise, I have lived amongst them, I'm talking the ones that live it 24/7 not the "Weekend" play acting kind.
I have a neighbor hippie and he grows all his own veggies and stuff. He has some nice set ups he made and his growing ability is great! He has even come over and helped me with my garden and even gave me plants and stuff! He is also helping me get my garden ready for next ear and has offered to help plant and such. Cool guy, I never asked or talked about gardening, he just offered and helped!

Latest posts

Back