Helpful Info. Prepping for long term blackouts

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta Force Power

Banned
Reaction score
What is the best solution for long term blackout? We can't rely on gas generators because gas isn't going to be available. Even if you stored 50 gallons of gas it's only going to last a week or less.

Solar generators, that have the ability to be charged multiple ways, are the best solution for long term blackouts. They will run a fridge, microwave, lights, fans, charge phones, etc.

These generators can be charged with solar 12v car outlet, AC power (when available) gas generator, or a small wind turbine.

They don't use gas or emit harmful fumes. They can used indoors or outside so they're perfect for apartments, houses, off grid, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the best solution for long term blackout? We can't rely on gas generators because gas isn't going to be available. Even if you stored 50 gallons of gas it's only going to last a week or less.

Solar generators, that have the ability to be charged multiple ways, are the best solution for long term blackouts. They will run a fridge, microwave, lights, fans, charge phones, etc.

These generators can be charged with solar panels, 12v car outlet, AC power (when available) gas generator, or a small wind turbine.

They don't use gas or emit harmful fumes. They can used indoors or outside so they're perfect for apartments, houses, off grid, etc.

Welcome Delta Force! No doubt there is a long thread on this already. This site is packed full of valuable information. Most of the group I’ve read agree that solar for long term is most viable. Some folks do have gas/propane generators with solar too. i would like to have a strong running river for hydropower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solar is a 10 year option at best. Batteries, enjoy it while it lasts...

I don’t think you need to worry though, Yahusa will return before then.

These generators can be charged with solar 12v car outlet, AC power (when available) gas generator, or a small wind turbine.

I run my entire house and 2 shops on solar with a diesel backup. I store 325 gallons of off-road diesel for this generator.
I have 3 gas generators too. One is for our well pump, one is for the barn and one is a spare. I'll be setting up a 300 gallon bulk gasoline tank for all my gas equipment. I plan on adding a wind generator to my system soon.

Last edited:
probably the closest thing to a decent power grid-down "show" was the National Geographic documentary "Blackout" - there's the USA version that most know - but there was a UK version at the same time that most haven't seen - quite a bit of difference between the two .....

>>>> Brit version

Latest posts

Back