Prepping doesn't make you prepared, training does.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What exactly is it I would be trolling for? I have no ads, I blog for free strictly to put my opinions out there and get feedback.

actually shadow. some of what he says makes sense. unless you intend to field an army, you really need 2 rifles per pax in the family. 1 hunting 1 defence?

as with all, we should really read with an open mind until people get offensive, then thats trolling :)

good article. gives a diff perspective.

Ad trolls are trolls too... Apologies, most every forum I've been to would consider this advertising for your blog, since your username is the same as your blog, and I've never seen another post from you; then again, I'm fairly new. Again, apologies, I'm clearly overstepping.

There's also a topic about practicing with your preps right below this one...

lol... we'll let clyde decide. he's the owner :)

but discussions are always welcome as long as they remain civil :)

without a doubt, different perspectives/opinions are what make life interesting. I have learned to avoid politics and religeon as most cant stay civil or rational.

Most preppers I've ever met are pretty aware that skills, not items, are the main thing. Also, most of us prep for a non-specific looming threat we perceive, when the benefits of modern stores are no longer available, so we want to still have a decent quality of life and not live like some kind of scavenging animal.

i believe prepping and training goes hand-n-hand..what good is your prepping if you don't have the needed training for it? and what good is your training if you don't have the needed prep(s) for it?

I agree, there is no point to having any preps if you don't have the training to match. Finding the correct balance of training and preps is something I am still working on.

exactly..just because a person buys a firearm,dont mean they don't need to at least learn the basic training in handling it safely.same thing applies in everything a person does and buys.

I agree, there is no point to having any preps if you don't have the training to match. Finding the correct balance of training and preps is something I am still working on.

I haven't had time to look at your website, will later in the week. So I have no opinion on your products or website. I read the thread. My take on preps versus training, like all above, we all have different perspectives on how we view preps. Nothing wrong with that, think everyone would agree, that is why we have the Madison's Bill of Rights and why the First Amendment is misconstrued at times. Having said that, I think it is healthy within tolerance to convey people's opinions, so long as they are courteous and respectful.

Being a teacher, trainer...and so on, training provides the nucleus of why we are on these sites...that is to learn. Learning allows us to deal with the unknown which makes us better to take the fight to the real enemy and that is "ignorance".

Here is a simple latin phrase that I live by....Docendo discimus

Silent Bob

Training IS prepping , and prepping without some basic training / practice is unrealistic.................training mind and body. "Practice makes perfect". Previous thread on this same subject.

Latest posts

Back