Prepping business ideas?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChickenLittle

Reaction score
Anyone think about the business opportunities that could be connected to prepping?

maybe:

-renting out patches of you land for families to garden
-renting out chicken coops
-renting out bee keeping supplies and land
-writing prepper books or blogs
-offering training classes
-opening a location that people can go to do thier own canning

making and selling:

-rain barrels
-composters
-paracord items such as belts and wrist bands
-bug out bags
-storage solutions
-paper briquettes

I'm not saying any of the above would be viable. This was just a quick brainstorm that I hope will start a nice discussion on how to make some side income or even a robust start up business

I really like this thread though because I would love to have a business based on prepping in some form or another.

You do have some nice ideas listed.

There are actually a few businesses out there already and I would think more every day. There is a place about 10 minutes from me that sells survival stuff. Fully stocked B.O.B and medical kits along with backpacks and some other equipment so they are popping up. I found a few on the net as well. I think you have some good ideas there and go for it a it seems to be a fast growing business.

There is a place near me that sells BOBs but they really suffer in customer service. When I asked him what was in the "3 day BOB", he responded ... "everything you would need to survive for 3 days" and offered nothing else except that the bag came in different colors.

Yeah I haven't even checked out the store by me, just saw an ad somewhere.

Act, not sure what you are talking about? We were just saying that there are some survival businesses in our areas with per built B.O.B and that type of thing. I have never been to the one by me as I said above just have heard of it. I have no need for pre built anything and have much better places to buy my gear. I also have a lot if it from my time in the military. And chicken little was just discussing opening some type of business. Sorry just didn't get your post?

Prepping has taken off already here in Colorado. The flea market has a few folks who sell "self-defense" equipment, these fine folks double as my MRE bulk buy hook up. Just my personal situation, but some kids also sell paracord stuff and mini survival tin kits. So yeah the market is getting more recognition.

I am toying with the idea of opening a prepper/camping/survival store here in Oklahoma. Just need to find some investors! haha

Well I am trying to do business to fund my prepping by selling to non-preppers because honestly, they out number preppers and have disposable income :)

Currently making soap. Was thinking about making some para-chord slings and selling them if anyone was interested.

Ideas for preppers is maybe you can rent out aquaponics space or something.

I do the local farmer's markets around here. I don't think I'd want to mess with renting out space to people for gardening or raising chickens or anything, just more insurance headaches for me.

One thing I've seen that has made me really angry is a few instances of people cashing in on the prepper 'craze' and fleecing others. I hate to say it, but I was a victim of it here on this board. Just if you go to order something online, do your research. If something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Sorry, that's my downer bit.

Now, for my upside. We do plan on selling chicks, duckling, goslings, rabbits, kids, as well as the soap and plants at next year's big swap meets and I'll probably make them available here on the board after talking to Clyde about it.

Latest posts

Back