Preppers NOT welcome in France

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pooky2483

Reaction score
Just seen this on our Sky News Website...

http://news.sky.com/story/1015889/doomsday-cults-banned-from-french-village

Not read story yet but thought I'd post it, I may comment later...
What do you think?

I was going to include the short video clip for viewers outside UK as due to viewing rights, you can't see it but there is no option to include it in the thread (tried converting it but haven't got 'to GIF'). But you're not missing anything as it (the clip) was a waste of time.

OMG... A CULT...
How stupid. Do you hold mass meetings and worship an unknown alien god that is prophesied to be coming to you in the future to save you all from doomsday... I mean, really...
In a way, doomsday preppers are a huge help to the Gov't as preppers will be able to control other people and be in charge of groups of other people who don’t have a clue how to look after themselves which would take some of the strain of the Gov't.

DHS, IF you ARE watching, are preppers really THAT much of a threat. In a time of disaster, its YOU and the Gov't that will fall apart as you will probably not be able to cope as well as a prepper. And if you think I am now a threat, you are such a small minded organisation, you are unbelievable, I think 911 has gone to your heads. If you want to inform the British Gov't of me, you’re welcome, go right ahead. I will welcome the knock on the door in the early hours or the 'strange black car' following me to the Hospital and back when I am taking my wife there as she is disabled and very ill.

Paranoia comes to mind....

hi folks...
I am thinking a few people may have gotten their wires crossed here, never at any point in the video or article are doomsday preppers mentioned, in fact I would seriously doubt that the mayor in the video or the person who wrote the article would have any idea of who we are and what we do. what they do mention however are "doomsday cults" and "doomsday groups". these terms are not so widely used today as they were when I was growing up in the UK in the sixties and seventies, but they basically refer to something pretty definitive...doomsday cults and doomsday groups were the terminology given to (usually large) groups of people with fanatical religious leanings, under a fanatically religious leader, quite often (although it must be stressed, not always) the leaders of the cult would quite often be engaged in organised crime and kidnapping. these people often believed in mass suicide and a strong belief that upon death, a UFO or some kind of spirit would transport them to another world or another reality. quite obviously, they were absolute nutcases.
We, on the other hand, are a sub-culture of survivalists, with nothing in common at all with the groups I have outlined. I honestly do not believe for one minute that the lady mayor was talking about us or our way of life.
I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

as a footnote I would like to add that whilst some of you may wonder about my experience of this thread, and my competence to comment upon it, I can only say this...during my childhood in the sixties and seventies in the UK, I was a victim of some of these fruitcakes and know full well how dangerous and insidious they can be...as for the lady mayor, I have to agree,...I wouldn't want them in my backyard either!!! I have included a link below which may help to give a better insight.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/cult1.htm

Latest posts

Back