Preppers are crazy?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SurvivorTown

Reaction score
I'm a recent prepping convert and been at it about a year or so. I used to think preppers were crazy. Now I think those who dont prep are the crazy ones.

Pic of my current GHB. Pistola in the back.

IMG_2058.JPG

we the peoples who enjoyd western civilisation for so long,have simply become soft and lulled into a feeling of safety,which doesn't excist anymore,but the majority are in denial and life goes on..until something happens,then the line is long of people asking;help!! save us..

Very neat setup ST your off to a bloody good start and clearly giving much thought to kit and how and where to pack it. I often get flak from people who ridicule me / us because of my survivalist / prepper principles. All the usual crap about rambo wannabes, being paranoid, fascist, horder, the state will protect us types etc. Often they say prepping and preparedness is stupid. So I ask them " Do you have Life Insurance, Car Insurance, Home Insurance, A first aid kit at home, A flashlight/fuses/bulbs for the house, extra can of fuel for your car etc. Do you listen to the weather news in the storm season etc ", Inevitably they say yes to most of the questions then I point out to them that in that case they too are preppers.

Funny thing about 2016. It is the year that the conspiracy theorists were finally PROVEN right all along, but people don't really seem to care or grasp the impact of it.

Wikileaks docs pretty much call out the men behind the curtain (Wizard of Oz style), yet people just don't seem to care. Truly is too late. Oh well.

I think most that don't prep are just lazy. As far as being able to afford supplies, most have more than enough income that they can afford an extra can of food with each trip to the grocery.
Good point. If u try u can always find a way. Look for bulk canned good sales and get a little each week.

Last edited:
Very neat setup ST your off to a bloody good start and clearly giving much thought to kit and how and where to pack it. I often get flak from people who ridicule me / us because of my survivalist / prepper principles. All the usual crap about rambo wannabes, being paranoid, fascist, horder, the state will protect us types etc. Often they say prepping and preparedness is stupid. So I ask them " Do you have Life Insurance, Car Insurance, Home Insurance, A first aid kit at home, A flashlight/fuses/bulbs for the house, extra can of fuel for your car etc. Do you listen to the weather news in the storm season etc ", Inevitably they say yes to most of the questions then I point out to them that in that case they too are preppers.
I agree. I truly believe folks are just so comfortable they think the govt can provide support in amy disaster. But if there was ever a large scale disaster in US what countries could help of they wanted to?
Funny thing about 2016. It is the year that the conspiracy theorists were finally PROVEN right all along, but people don't really seem to care or grasp the impact of it.

Wikileaks docs pretty much call out the men behind the curtain (Wizard of Oz style), yet people just don't seem to care. Truly is too late. Oh well.
It is truly stunning how little people care these days. Its scary. The average person cares way more about their sports team than the state of the country.

Its funny because our gradparents and generations before them were all preppers to some extent. Setting somthing extra aside for an emergency. We've truly gotten soft and lost that as a society. I dont think the average person understnads how dependent we are on the technology and how quickly food sources would be depleted in an emergency. I hopenthe day never comes but want my family to have a fighting chance.

Its funny because our gradparents and generations before them were all preppers to some extent. Setting somthing extra aside for an emergency. We've truly gotten soft and lost that as a society. I dont think the average person understnads how dependent we are on the technology and how quickly food sources would be depleted in an emergency. I hopenthe day never comes but want my family to have a fighting chance.

It was the default setting for our grand parents to set aside for a rainy day, (UK) set aside for bad harvest year (US) and to have enough in to survive a month of winter storms. And most of all it was the default setting in the hundreds of years PRIOR to the 24/7 just in time Supermarket society. Look at London 9.5 million people in one very crowded metropolitan area and even the government says there is only 3 days worth of food in the shop AND supply chain. We preppers willingly accept and embrace the benefits of modern technology, but we aint stupid enough to totally rely on it.

It was the default setting for our grand parents to set aside for a rainy day, (UK) set aside for bad harvest year (US) and to have enough in to survive a month of winter storms. And most of all it was the default setting in the hundreds of years PRIOR to the 24/7 just in time Supermarket society. Look at London 9.5 million people in one very crowded metropolitan area and even the government says there is only 3 days worth of food in the shop AND supply chain. We preppers willingly accept and embrace the benefits of modern technology, but we aint stupid enough to totally rely on it.
I don't even want to imagine the suffering of 9.5 million people with no food. How can so many be so blind to the fragile supply system?

I don't even want to imagine the suffering of 9.5 million people with no food. How can so many be so blind to the fragile supply system?
Most of the US is set up the same way, its a business practice we imported from the US, Just In Time Logistics. Few cities have more than 3 days food available and also most only have 24 hours supplies of gasolene as well.

How many folks like in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Galveston etc ? imagine them after 3 days and then they start to spread out of the cities limits looking for food AND they are Armed

Not so long ago there was a TV series on the BBC called New York: America's Biggest City. It was a truly remarkable show. Episode two was about feeding the city and the food chain; God that was scary, approximately 70% of food consumed is not prepared in the home, food is shipped in daily for consumption, daily. they don't even have 3 days. It was said of the trucks stopped for 1 day, New York would go hungry the next.

You have to realize, it was a different world for our parents and grandparents. First, the threat of WW3 was very real. Memories of the depression weren't that distant, and there were fewer places to buy groceries, and no Just In Time inventory systems in place. Back then, it was VERY likely you could go to the store and have something out of stock for a couple of weeks.

Not so long ago there was a TV series on the BBC called New York: America's Biggest City. It was a truly remarkable show. Episode two was about feeding the city and the food chain; God that was scary, approximately 70% of food consumed is not prepared in the home, food is shipped in daily for consumption, daily. they don't even have 3 days. It was said of the trucks stopped for 1 day, New York would go hungry the next.
That's why I don't/won't live anywhere near a big city, or even a small city. People should have at least a 30 day supply of food and water on hand. Most don't because the supply chain has always worked. So many people in the city's depend on the government for handouts/welfare, plus they trust the government to keep their "free" stuff coming. I don't have much sympathy for people who don't prepare enough to get them through at least a few days in case of an emergency.

Also, in large cities, space is at a premium. Most city apartments would have little space to store things. You'd need to be creative.

Then, in an actual crisis, you run the risk of trying to PROTECT those supplies, while in a city. It's a tough situation to be in.

Also, in large cities, space is at a premium. Most city apartments would have little space to store things. You'd need to be creative.

Then, in an actual crisis, you run the risk of trying to PROTECT those supplies, while in a city. It's a tough situation to be in.
Agreed, get out of cities, period. Also, NR pointed out that over here, you don't just have hungry, desperate people. You have hungry, desperate armed people.

Latest posts

Back