Prepper patch

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vern

Reaction score
The other day I was looking around on eBay for a new BOB. I found one that I really liked and bought it and before submitting my order, some how I stumbled across a preppers badge (its more so a patch) that you can sew on your bag. I went on and bought that too so I could put it on my bag. The main reason for this patch is so other preppers could identify the patch and could potentially pair up during a SHTF. has anyone hear of this patch? Is it a good idea? Or a waste of money?

The other day I was looking around on eBay for a new BOB. I found one that I really liked and bought it and before submitting my order, some how I stumbled across a preppers badge (its more so a patch) that you can sew on your bag. I went on and bought that too so I could put it on my bag. The main reason for this patch is so other preppers could identify the patch and could potentially pair up during a SHTF. has anyone hear of this patch? Is it a good idea? Or a waste of money?

Vern,

Hope this response does not sound like a "Debbie Downer" message or come off to lecturing, but here goes.

I'm not a big person on identifying myself with a patch that states "look at me". I have a few patches that are on my uniform (but I like many other serious preppers, won't be wearing the ACU, MARPAT or other military issue cammo that new prepper's believe is the way to go after an event. Rule 1: Blend in: Wear the clothing that will not get you noticed, for me, that is tan cargo pants, a good pair of boots (this is possibly my one military issue garment), a breathable undergarment, and a shirt that is typical for a weekend outing. The mil stuff is packed in my BOB. Don't get me wrong if I am going to be "screaming" on foot, my BOB is going to stick out anyway because its MARPAT colored or is subdued mil-green because of the pack color and depends on what bag I dismount after I leave my vehicle or BOV. My mil uniform does have some accouterments, it has a Velcro blood type, that I am a trained medic/emt, and my name...all on Velcro for easy removal. On my trauma bag, simply it has one Velcro marking that it's a medical bag, so the rest of my team can get the gear quick.

Thinking OPSEC here, the bad guys if they see you with any marking that say's your a "prepper" will want your bag! Considering it will be a treasure trove of goodies that anyone can use, your just advertising for trouble. If you have family members and your thinking of their safety...it's like the old "Kmart Blue Light" special light.

Lastly as for you thinking of pairing up after the SHTF. From my personal experience, I am going to avoid anybody, I don't know. 1) Not sure your hostile 2) Your an unknown quality to me 3) You might be a liability to my group or family (sorry, but speaking the truth here) 4) Better to explore relationships NOW, before the event occurs. I know this is hard for you (especially if your new to prepping), but given time, you'd be better off knowing what type of personalities your going to gel with in a real event. If you'd like to discuss this more, sure some of us will be happy to guide you through those pitfalls and if they don't, give me a personal message, I'll try my best and also send you some checklists to help you interview them. As for a great place to start meeting like minded people...well you've found a good community here in DPF. You might not always like what you hear, but for all of us, we are all learning.

Hope this helps, kindest regards and again welcome to DPF.

Last edited:
Vern, there is an old prepper saying, it goes like this: "If you don't know them, haven't worked with them or spent time with them, then DONT trust them", that applies now, after TSHTF it will go doubly so, its a motto I live with every day. oh, and welcome to the forum!

Blend in, and dissappear! If you have gear, hide it and come back for it later when you're alone. Even if you're a martial arts badass, don't let anyone know what your capable of.

This little patch is about the size of a quarter or so and all it is is a triangle inside of a circle. Its not some big colorful hey I have a Bob patch but rather something to identify other peppers. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this patch before and to see if u thought it would be useful if tshtf. I'm in a very isolated place so I doubt it very seriously I would ever see anyone with it. Northern raider. Mine too is fitted with Velcro for that same reason.

The one in the E Bay image I refer to above is about an inch in diameter. looks like the triangle shape is gaining credibility both sides of the pond.

Rule 1: Blend in: Wear the clothing that will not get you noticed, for me, that is tan cargo pants, a good pair of boots (this is possibly my one military issue garment), a breathable undergarment, and a shirt that is typical for a weekend outing.

Yep, yep, yep. I decry the military cammo and gear idea every time I can. Hopefully, NOBODY will see me, but if they do, I want them to completely underestimate me.

Yup the clear and total definition if the Grey Man prepper philosophy, be as bland and uninteresting as possible in the environment you inhabit

I'm of two minds but I do like that little patch that Northern Raider and Vern are referring to for use before SHTF as it may introduce you to an ally that you would otherwise never meet. What with all the logos on clothes these days it would go unnoticed by everyone else. There is the OPSEC issue, but where I live there's almost no chance I could be followed without me knowing, and really I can't see that happening anyway. Maybe I'm being naive but I can't see it around here. After all we are talking about the subset of people that know the symbol, are not preppers, live in my area, and happen to notice the patch.

After SHTF is a different story and also to a large extent it's too late to form alliances then anyway.

Blend in, you stick out you become a target. Far more bad guys then preppers, if I see a self advertize prepper (or anyone unknown to me) being attacked I wouldn't stop to help instead I would quietly say thanks for attracting the attention as I am moseying on through, I'm not trying to sound cold I am just being real.

I agree,and that keeps me awake some nights,what should I do and do it better,how do I get something,a million questions to few answers

Latest posts

Back