Prepper patch

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree with no identifying patches that'll let unknown ppl know that your a prepper.on account it'll make you a target.and that could get ya killed after a shtf situation..besides.i rather like the idea of going around not being known as a prepper,so no one will be comeing around later knowing tht i have food water and other things they need/want

ANYONE WITH A BAG IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION IS LIKELY CARRYING SUPPLIES. Anyone.

I was thinking this is a patch that says, "Prepper" or something like that. I would agree that this is a bad idea. I Would think this patch is much less known. The only baddies who will know it are the ones who are searching for preppers to hit. There are some out there, but I would think most- The vast majority of people who know this patch would be preppers.

We were actually thinking of coming up with a signal or flag that would ID us as preppers to other preppers. We made jokes about it, we even came up with a "Secret" handhsake/greeting, asking, "Hello. I'm a friend of Clyde's." that would let everyone there know who's a 'Friend" or not. Granted, it's not foolproof. Anyone coming on DPF could read that and learn it or could buy that patch.

I gotta be honest... I'm kinda torn on this one!

PS, can you post a pic of the patch, please?

The first one AFAIK, the second would not be all that covert :)

I am also of two minds about this, and maybe it matters where you live, in my case I can't see that there would be anyone around that would have a clue what the patch means. OTOH maybe there are and if so maybe they are people I should get to know.

At least if you make contact in the line at the hardware store you can suss each other out over time before revealing too much.

yeah..definitely not the 2nd one for me..im thinking maybe some other design in the middle of the patch,instead of whats there..and hopefully we're be the only ones that know it on sight when it comes to us here.and like it's been mentioned.something verble.and maybe some sort of handshake as well..this way we'll have 3 ways of knowing who's who without a doubt.

Like I said before mine is the first one (the triangle) and its only affixed with Velcro so I only display at at RVs or meets when I'm expecting to meet up with someone new. If the SHTF I would be displaying no ID at all.

wearing that patch could,and I mean could bring you in contact with likeminded,not neccesary, if it helps then why not.
Right now it seems to be very difficult to find likeminded people where I live but I'll keep on trying

Jonnte I know it would not be easy but you may be able to track down the Swedish preppers who organised a Prepper Convention in Upsalla Sweden two years ago. There is plenty of reference to the event on Google so some contacts may still be valid.

Also there is this Finnish Preppers Blog in my archive that may be able to help
http://blogi.varaudu.fi/?p=856

There is this Finnish prepper website
http://www.survivalisti.fi/

and a Finnish forum
http://www.survivalismi.com/

thanks, did actually browse that Finnish forum a couple of times, didn't quite give me the impression of people that they take this seriously or semi-seriously.
that prepper blog seemed a hell of a lot more serious to this prepping.
as my mother lives in Swe,I might check that Sweedish preppergroup, it's only a short ferryride to Sweeden

Latest posts

Back