Prepper Nurse Prisoner on Burn Unit youtube video

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prepper Nurse

Reaction score
Hi folks! We absolutely do not want to have a serious burn now or in a collapse or emergency situation. The pain is unbelievable, even with the very best of pain medications. And treating them to ensure the best possible outcome requires IV antibiotics and specialized care and facilities. Many people still die from burns. If you like youtube videos, please feel free to wander over and take at look at the latest video I posted about my experience on a burn unit with a prisoner.

Nice, as a medic, and a burn victim with total 67% involvement. I have a grasp on burns, before, during and after. You are sooooo correct in saying burn prevention. As a soldier at one point in my life I have seen and had my share of pain. With the burn PT there is no escaping the pain. You can't move or roll over to get some relief. The pain will only follow you or become worse.
Fluid loss is so great a threat that there is formula we use to help keep a PT hydrated, from fluid loss. And NO THEY DON'T USE NORMAL SALINE. Then there is the next 72 hours that a burn has to "CURE", for those who don't know that is the amount of time it takes a bad burn to finish killing tissues. Oh lets not forget temp. regulation, a burn PT can become hypothermic, as the skin also helps you regulate your temp. During this time the PT has to be debrided, dressed, kept sterile as possible, comfortable as narcotics will make them. This is not to mention that you have to feed them high protein foods or shakes, the amount of dressings, antibiotics, gloves, mask, and other medical supplies.
So yes PREVENTING a burn is paramount.
Good luck, be safe, God bless.

Nice, as a medic, and a burn victim with total 67% involvement. I have a grasp on burns, before, during and after. You are sooooo correct in saying burn prevention. As a soldier at one point in my life I have seen and had my share of pain. With the burn PT there is no escaping the pain. You can't move or roll over to get some relief. The pain will only follow you or become worse.
Fluid loss is so great a threat that there is formula we use to help keep a PT hydrated, from fluid loss. And NO THEY DON'T USE NORMAL SALINE. Then there is the next 72 hours that a burn has to "CURE", for those who don't know that is the amount of time it takes a bad burn to finish killing tissues. Oh lets not forget temp. regulation, a burn PT can become hypothermic, as the skin also helps you regulate your temp. During this time the PT has to be debrided, dressed, kept sterile as possible, comfortable as narcotics will make them. This is not to mention that you have to feed them high protein foods or shakes, the amount of dressings, antibiotics, gloves, mask, and other medical supplies.
So yes PREVENTING a burn is paramount.
Good luck, be safe, God bless.
Thank you so much doc pops! That's high praise indeed :) 67% burn involvement - oh my stars! Thank you ever so much for sharing your personal experiences with burns. You very vividly painted the reality of burn healing and recovery. It so not like being in bed with any other kind of injury or infection. Thank you again for your thumbs up and for taking the time to comment :) Prepper Nurse

Latest posts

Back