Prepper Noob

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanveld

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently became interested in prepping. I am active duty military and have been a prepper unknowingling. I have a 72 hour bag and some self defense skills. I am also a wrestler from Iowa and trained MMA for a few years and feel like that will help in my self defense skills. I am extremely new to this and have very little started and an even smaller budget. I am married, have a 12 year old special needs son and a 1 year old baby girl. I think having her and feeling the need to protect her teamed with learning that some of my friends were prepping is what has made me a prepper. The problem I haven't really started. I feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start. Anyways I'm glad to be here.

Ryan

Hello all,

I recently became interested in prepping. I am active duty military and have been a prepper unknowingling. I have a 72 hour bag and some self defense skills. I am also a wrestler from Iowa and trained MMA for a few years and feel like that will help in my self defense skills. I am extremely new to this and have very little started and an even smaller budget. I am married, have a 12 year old special needs son and a 1 year old baby girl. I think having her and feeling the need to protect her teamed with learning that some of my friends were prepping is what has made me a prepper. The problem I haven't really started. I feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start. Anyways I'm glad to be here.

Ryan
Ryan,
First off, Thank you for your service!
I understand the difficulties with prepping when you have a special needs child, as I have been through that myself.
There are a number of members on here with martial arts training from many different styles.
If you have any questions don't be afraid to pop smoke and ask! the members on this site are extremely knowledgeable, and willing to help anyone.
I look forward to your posts!

Thank you, Wiredog I really like your avatar. lol I have a patch that I wear on my pouch that just has infidel.

Welcome aboard, well sounds like you have a start on things and that is better than most. You have your 72 bag, maybe start on water and food. What is it that you are prepping for ?

I'm not exactly sure. The most important thing is to protect my family. And My whole AF career I thought these mobility bags were dumb. lol I am trying to decide where I want to use as my food storage in my house. I have a crawl space that has a pea gravel floor. We have a high water table so no basement for me. I have ALOT of room I just don't like the fact that it would get wet in the gravel. My other option is in my attic above my garage. I have a small unused pantry I could use for items sensitive to heat or moisture. Thank you for the advice.

Welcome. Thanks for your service and your commitment to your family. It seems to me that there are more and more people in the prepper community that have a special needs child or family member.... I wonder if that has something to do with our interest in prepping and the community of preppers...... We have a concern about that person that we don't trust the world at large to take care of them. I have a nephew with a serious disability and I try as much as I can to get him involved. Everything from camping to shooting and handloading, whatever I can do to give him skills without making it seem painfully boring..

Well, welcome again. I look forward to having you around.

Latest posts

Back