Prepper network

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, I feel more comfortable with family and a few very close friends. I really dont feel comfortable with people I do not personally know and an outsider I would never trust, at least until proven. As a family group, we have a wide variety of skills, but our problem would be if one was down, another may not be able to step in to fullfill that position so yes I can understand expanding the "group".

For me, I feel more comfortable with family and a few very close friends. I really dont feel comfortable with people I do not personally know and an outsider I would never trust, at least until proven. As a family group, we have a wide variety of skills, but our problem would be if one was down, another may not be able to step in to fullfill that position so yes I can understand expanding the "group".
I have started a small group around my city that I plan to expand and hopefully get more to join up by creating there own groups and forming a network of active preppers, we are all newbies but I hope tighter we can grow to an experienced prepared cohesive unit, we are currently 5 members after only one day.
We plan to meet and get to know each other so we can beter work togheter and trust each other. Becouse in the end I think you will need alot of skills to come back from the brink. As the person above stated you might know some skills but when you need a brain surgeon and don't have one people will quickly start dying.
For me I hope we never need these groups and we are just wasting our time and money but on the offchanse anything we're to happen we will be prepered and ready.

Big Paul, I understand your point but I'm not a brain surgeon or do cancer research in a lab. However I can rebuild a 350 Chevy engine and put it back in the vehicle. No man is an island. JMHO
yes and what will you do with that vehicle when there is no fuel and all the roads are unusable?
THIS man IS an island.

Grab your BOB and go live for a month with nothing but what is in it, what you can catch, fish, hunt, trap or find...then come and tell us how good you can live alone without the comforts of TODAY...that is a taste of post-SHTF and not many will be able to cope with the hardness, loneliness or boredom. And do not forget, post-SHTF, you cannot come BACK HOME and pick up life where you left off just like coming home from a holiday and vacation. This is the end of the line.
If you do not like yourself now, then you will absolutely hate yourself alone and bored...true survival is the hardest thing you will ever do except shoot or kill the first person you must to stay alive...trust me. GP

nope, I'm a prepared survivalist and I plan.
I have skills and I dont rely on others for my survival.
groups are for people that have no skills of their own.
SELF reliance and SELF sufficiency are the only way to go.

I tend to disagree with this. Groups stand a better chance of making it through whatever. The whole survival of any species comes down to their working together. Now it is true that our societies have fallen in disarray and moral decay, etc.. but a small group that one can trust has a far better chance of making it then Rambo standing on his own.

Selective is a must granted, but be it a family or a small closed group that band together..odds go up substantially.

I agree that groups are the best way behind family groups. But if you don't have an prepping family or even an family in the near then this group is gone. So an "normal" group will be left.
My peoples an i had an group and still have, but a lot changed during the corona time. OK, may not changed, but it showed the problems with groups in good times:
The most of our group members turned their priotities into their families - which i absolutly agree and i think it's an reasonable and good thing. Family always should be first. But about this the group was work only halfway after. We still support each other, especially by organising stuff or informations we need (during the lockdowns not everything was aviable). And we will go ahead like this in future too.
For myself it showed i should bring my preparations in an level where i can always help myself, because not much left from my family and my 81 years old dad is living just to far away.
I'm absolutly not frustrated about the upshowing problems and i was, written by my history end experiences in life, prepared for an situation like this. I just have seen for myself i could do a bit more, increase my skills, extend my planning to an point without others.
OK, some may will say now "go and look for another group". It is an argument, an idea of course. But there's an problem i do have with myself: It's hard for me to trust new people enough in an extreme situation which an SHTF is. Life experience even...
So far i can absolutly understand people like @bigpaul who say the won't have to do anything with others. Maybe i'm just an bit different in thinking because i still will give other people an chance.

I gave other people a chance MD thats why its just me and mine now, been let down too many times, maybe let down is too strong but peoples priorities change, family life and work gets in the way, people move on, so no more groups for me, family and family only, and I think thats how it will be for most people in the UK.

Latest posts

Back