Prepper from the Philippines

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ariel Mermaid

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here. Any help from you guys will be much appreciated.

I'm from the Philippines and our country frequently experiences typhoons and hurricanes. Many got flooded and we were one of them. Our house was devastated by typhoon Ketsana. Our 2nd floor was reached by the flood and all of our things were destroyed..

How can I better prepare for such event? We are still scared until now :( thank you...

Welcome aboard ! 1) food and water. 2) 3 day emergency bag. 3) Bug out bag.

Good group of people on this site that are willing to help.

Wait, what's a bug out bag? Sorry, newbie. And thank you for replying! yes, we did prepare food and water. lots of it. But still. :(

Wait, what's a bug out bag? Sorry, newbie. And thank you for replying! yes, we did prepare food and water. lots of it. But still. :(

Food, water, shelter, cloths, fire kit, water filter, stove to cook, anything that would make life easier if you have to leave in a hurry. The list can get very long so here are the basics.

Welcome to the forum. I hope someone here can help you out. Pretty much what Colt said. Make sure you have what you need to stay alive to start with.

Thank you, I really appreciate the help... Well that typhoon happened last 2009.. I just wanted to be prepared if ever there's another one coming. :( Are your areas affected by the typhoon as well?

No, not for me. I'm in the middle of the US. While we do have floods in the area, our farm isn't affected because we're up in the hills.

We have tornados, ice storms, snow storms, and earthquakes to deal with around here and I like not having to go out at the last minute for things. We also keep our house well stocked in light of our worsening economy.

Hi! I'm new here. Any help from you guys will be much appreciated.

I'm from the Philippines and our country frequently experiences typhoons and hurricanes. Many got flooded and we were one of them. Our house was devastated by typhoon Ketsana. Our 2nd floor was reached by the flood and all of our things were destroyed..

How can I better prepare for such event? We are still scared until now :( thank you...
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

it's good that you are ready for such calamities :) so does prepping really work for you? I mean, if ice storms hit your area, do the things you stocked help you overcome the effect of the event?

Yes, being prepared for common things that happen has really helped us out. Means we don't have to go out on the road in bad weather, or having no trouble feeding and taking care of our family as our economy worsens.

Hi Ariel, am from the Philippines also. Was a victim of Typhoon Ondoy too. Hope things are well with you. Maybe we can meet up and I can introduce you to our group

Latest posts

Back