Prepper category three: Marauders.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not john Wayne nor have I been in the military.
We have 2 ex military but not infantry.

Our Fall Bank group defense plan is based on these assumptions.

1) Some of us are too old to play soldier as that is a young boys game.
We can't run but can hold a defensive position.

2) All adults will wear sidearms and all men will carry long guns as well.

3) We are concealed from the roadway in the country. We have already scouted out all neighbors within a mile radius of us.

4) We have hard protective defensive positions already built. If there is shooting our side is always behind protection.

5) All intruders will have to approach us down our long S curve driveway. We are surrounded by marsh thicket on the approach (street side and another side) and i/2 mile cow pastures on two other sides.

6. In normal combat the defensive position has a 7:1 kill ratio over open attackers.
Intruders must leave their vehicles behind to attack us. This will persuade most attackers to skip us.

7. During hunger times, we assume attackers will:

. . . . Be hungry, thirsty and exhausted.

. . . . Untrained as military troopers.

. . . . Not have any intelligence on us,

. . . . Will pick easy locations such as mobile homes, or something they can see often.

. . . .Will strike early in the mornings,

. . . . While they can see their truck(s) for fast loading and getaway.

8) Our goal is to trap them at the locked gate at the S curve, where they will be pinned into a line because of garb wire exposed to them after they enter the trap.

9) We will fire a remote shotgun blast behind them to force them to turn in that direction.

We will then order them to disarm or die.

We will interrogate, and if necessary, take their arms, capture them , and take them on a snipe hunt 20 miles away. They will be dropped off half naked and alone to stay alive.
They should never be a problem again.

21. If we have to kill them, their bodies will be deposited in front of an abandoned home that can be seen fron the roadway if their buddies search for them.

22. We have a contraption built that will fire into the intruders at thee gate if they open fire.
It will fire 5 shotgun blasts at once into the 15 foot wide paved driveway.
We can pull another string and fire a second volley if needed.

23. All defenders will have walkie talkies.

24. If the gate needs to be abandoned, those guards will have vegetation cover to drop back to a secondary defensive position with three shooting angles at them as they will then be pinned in a open field.

We then will rely on a free standing shooting platform 6 feet in the air they can lay on behind RR ties.
They will appear to be in the top of a Christmas tree.

Those two snipers will do their stuff.

25. Our intent is to not be in a shooting contest. We don’t want anyone on our side hurt.

26. We will have 2 gate guards on duty at all times.
2 more guards will be sleeping nearby if needed. They can be awakened by pulling a line to a tent pole.

27. Our gate wall of RR ties has a dirt hill in front of it. It cannot be seen from the gate, 30 feet away.
There will be three spare long guns in case of a jam.

28. We hope to never be attacked because we will have a sign at the roadway that says
“Quiet Please.
PMS Support Group Meeting in process.”

This is not a perfect plan but it is one the group is happy with.
There is more to it but this is our front line.Yes, we will cover all sides and have a safe building that is like a tank. But in order to get to it the attackers will have to have a can opener and use it while being sniped from their rear.

Last edited:
If I were experienced enough to advise people on a defensive plan, I would suggest do what we did.
We took inventory of our assets, number of healthy defenders, our location, protective cover, and on and on.

Then we looked at the dangers, our flaws, where they would occur, what our options are, etc.

Then we built a plan, on paper, that fit us, not somebody else.

Then we formulated a plan, then continually refined it.
We had others review it.
We had the members study it.
We focused on it.

Then we created it because it meant life to us.

If I were experienced enough to advise people on a defensive plan, I would suggest do what we did.
We took inventory of our assets, number of healthy defenders, our location, protective cover, and on and on.

Then we looked at the dangers, our flaws, where they would occur, what our options are, etc.

Then we built a plan, on paper, that fit us, not somebody else.

Then we formulated a plan, then continually refined it.
We had others review it.
We had the members study it.
We focused on it.

Then we created it because it meant life to us.

Then prepare for nothing you planned to go as planned.

They have accepted killing as a means to survive and not just killing to protect. They take those skills seriously and put a lot of time in on the range and money into resources necessary to sustain that type of prepper life style post SHTF
And I take my skills in dealing with them seriously. To the point of competing in IDPA - which actually is designed for dealing with just that type of threat.
In the video, the targets with the black hands are human shields which you have to avoid hitting.

I appreciate that all plans change. This is true.

But my life experience greatly improved after I studied contract law.
I learned that he who writes the contract controls the deal.
He who does not negotiate that contract is likely to be a loser in some way.

He who controls the ground and time of a battle has the advantage.
He who gets there first has the advantage.

He that does not plan is a fool and will probably achieve very little in life.
If one believes their life depends on it then plan that way.

In prepping and defense we are afraid to go all in lest we look like fools.
Defense is nothing to fool around with. Do all the work you can.

Folks, we are down to a month before your personal plan had best be finalized..

Here's a bold idea for this Prepper Site.

IF we are down to a month to have a Defensive plan ready to go,

Then invite Newby's to give their layout, numbers, and all detail of their strengths and weaknesses;
And let's kelp design ideas and options just for them?

Perhaps start a new thread reading "Let Us Help You Design a Defensive Plan."

I would. Nobody knows where I am.
What have I got to loose.

Do we fear for ourselves so much that we believe a lurker will load up his camper and seek us out?
Besides,you are not telling what you did, you might just offer suggestions to an old lady who lives in a shoe.

If nothing else ask for their email address and assist that way.

I would. Nobody knows where I am.
What have I got to loose.

Do we fear for ourselves so much that we believe a lurker will load up his camper and seek us out?
Besides,you are not telling what you did, you might just offer suggestions to an old lady who lives in a shoe.

If nothing else ask for their email address and assist that way.
I mean I wouldn't offer up weaknesses, but yeah. It's not some rogue lurker I worry about, it's the federal government that has the technology and money to scour the net for details about me. They know who we are. There's no true anonymity online. At least not from the most dangerous.

Then invite Newby's to give their layout, numbers, and all detail of their strengths and weaknesses;

Unfortunately, it is also the nature of prepping that you do not give details of security measures on line or, even face to face, to strangers. Generalities yes. Ideas, yes.

As an instance, Chu-Chi tunnels...

1679232347477.png

Not saying we have something like this but, it is possible with the right soils and topography to use as a very effective defense/offense against attackers. Note the Punji stake pit above (There are many variations of the concept, all of which are illegal to use to defend property non-SHTF), along with false tunnels....

1679232711397.png

Last edited:

You just gave some details on your defenses in earlier post.

Using the topography, such as marshlands, is a good primary defense…but, never get overconfident that no one would come from that direction. With proper training, they are tenable.

If you were looking from the eyes of an attacker, you would look to positions where an attack would be least expected, because it is difficult, it provides a false sense of security to the target and with limited manpower, is often less secure. A small number of men are the pavers of a larger attack. They are not going to come driving up a driveway.

Remember, a pasture with actively grazing cattle will become overgrown once the cattle are removed. With a Ghillie suit, you have an avenue of stealth approach in the tall grass or even with the cattle, around the fence line perimeters, which are usually left to scrub.

Another mistake a lot of us tend to make is a reliance on technology. You got yourself a good thermal, IR scope and some top end night vision goggles…that’s great and will be helpful in most circumstances against a regular group of raiders, except when someone has taken the time and forethought to protect against it.

Marauders, trained for it, know how to evade technology.

Heat signature detection can be evaded…fairly easily in many circumstances. I know a couple of people who are very good at it and have done it with the best technology looking for them. In our US warm spring/summer climate, it is easier to mask.

How to Avoid Thermal Imaging Devices.

Thermal Imaging Devices, Pro's and Con's - PREPAREDNESS ADVICE

There are also materials, previously only available to the military that almost completely mask IR technology.

Hiding from infrared cameras is now possible

There is also a camouflage netting that beats night vision, IR and thermal…tested against the best technologies the US Army has.

Army's crazy new camouflage can defeat night vision, thermal

I am often alone out at the BOL working. We have a lot of natural predators there including big cats, coyotes, feral hogs and supposedly bears, though I have never seen the evidence of one.

One of the best inexpensive sensor defenses I use for my personal protection out there is solar motion sensor lights. The issue is that they tend to go off incessantly when there is a slight breeze and you tend to start ignoring them (The BOL doesn't get much wind). But, when one goes off, it does draw your attention which can be used against you. It also would announce the presence of an encampment.

All security has its pros and cons. You use it for the pros, a professional, knows how to use every one (and human nature) of them against you.

The gist of all of this is, well-equipped and trained marauders, can get close enough to you to preserve the element of surprise.

Having more security layers and plans than an onion, both low and high tech, at least one layer includes a viable plan(s) of retreat and living to fight another day.

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction Raining.

I am all about teaching others to mitigate suffering.
I appreciate keeping silent what you did personally.
But at the same time, a Medic must expose himself in order to render aid.

That is why I suggested a middle ground by asking for a Newby's details and then offering plan options.
They reveal, we teach.
But we can't teach until someone starts a thread asking for a Newby's details.
Otherwise we are back to writing a long drug out book of ideas for a Newby who needs help, not another book.

Note the Punji stake pit above (There are many variations of the concept, all of which are illegal to use to defend property non-SHTF)

I always thought that was a stupid law. If someone had it disguised as just a pit with junk in it, I'm not sure how that could be prosecuted as anything but negligence which should be covered under good homeowners insurance in many states.

I always thought that was a stupid law. If someone had it disguised as just a pit with junk in it, I'm not sure how that could be prosecuted as anything but negligence which should be covered under good homeowners insurance in many states.

It is considered a weapon. Should someone (a hap hazard trespasser) fall in, it could be a death sentence. I used to work in insurance, a camouflaged pit, would not be covered.

Latest posts

Back