Preparing For a Flood

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
I found out about this product while watching the Weather Channel. They are called Flood Sax and they do what sandbags do only easier, quicker, and much lighter. I am including a small blurp form their website. Let me know your thoughts. I think they are a cool Idea. Though they are not the cheapest items on the planet. They are about $300.00 for 20 bags.

FloodSax – the Sandless Sandbag

FloodSax® – The innovative self-inflating flooding protection system is set to revolutionise the way you control damage due to flooding. The semi-porous inner liner contains hundreds of absorbent crystals which absorb water to 90% capacity in just 3 minutes. Once the water is in there, it stays there and the bags act just like traditional sandbags to keep flood water at bay.

FloodSax® are clean, compact and lightweight so they can be stored in homes and businesses prone to flash flooding or accidental water damage. FloodSax® enable people to defend themselves and react immediately to flooding which can potentially avoid a disaster altogether.

Fast, effective defense against flooding

FloodSax® patented technology and super lightweight design enables anyone to prepare for flooding, including the elderly and people with disabilities. FloodSax® are not heavy or dirty like traditional sandbags which means they can be used indoors and outdoors. FloodSax® are also 100% environmentally safe.
about-hero.jpg

Hard work made easy

We all know traditional sandbags are labour intensive requiring more manpower to handle and deploy but not with FloodSax®.
FloodSax® enables a rapid response in an emergency

FloodSax® are totally self-contained so there is no sand or bags to fill and the fact they are compact and lightweight means you can distribute thousands more FloodSax® than traditional sandbags with fewer people and smaller vehicles.
There is no denying that even with pre-made sandbags, the time and effort involved reacting to a flood is made a whole lot easier (and faster!)with FloodSax® (FloodSax Americas, 2011).

I believe I have seen these used before. I cannot remember if it was back in 2010 when Nashville flooded or if it was some other flood on TV. The ones I saw were much larger though, same concept. Seemed to work just fine.

I believe I have seen these used before. I cannot remember if it was back in 2010 when Nashville flooded or if it was some other flood on TV. The ones I saw were much larger though, same concept. Seemed to work just fine.
I do like the concept of these. I can certainly see just how handy these would be, especially the ease of use. Having lugged sandbags a time or two while in the military, I would much prefer this lighter method. The light weight would also allow for kids to help, as well as quick deployment.

I am all about light weight and quick deployment! Save my back and the time I have left, LOL

I am all about light weight and quick deployment! Save my back and the time I have left, LOL
I agree. I carried enough heavy crap in my life. I want to ensure what I brings is functional and as lightweight as possible.

Though in some sort of sick way I look forward to watching what kind of stuff people try to wheel down the street! Like the proverbial "kitchen sink."

I agree. I carried enough heavy crap in my life. I want to ensure what I brings is functional and as lightweight as possible.

Though in some sort of sick way I look forward to watching what kind of stuff people try to wheel down the street! Like the proverbial "kitchen sink."
I know right!
I cant wait to see the "cat lady" wheel barrowing a bunch of cat carryers down the street talking to them ROFL!

Everyone must be well prepared before natural disaster strikes. Natural disaster may strike anytime and in anywhere. When flood strikes try to reach in a high plain so that you will be safe from flood. Previously, do flood insurance and after flood had occurred call your flood insurance company.

We live right alongside the Missouri River. In '93 when the Mississippi and the Missouri flooded, it was a mess for months. Places that people thought would never flood, did. Places that flooded every spring with the rains and run off, were gone. Not just flooded, but gone, wiped out, somewhere scattered over the state. I saw old family farms, cattle operations, roads, whole towns just demolished.

Fortunately we live well above flood level by several hundred feet so we were good, but we did take a boat to and from work because the roads were under. That worked for awhile until propane tanks that had been set in low areas began to break free and float around, not a good situation. Those were a tense few days until they were rounded up.

If you know one is coming and you live on a big river, not just a little creek, get the hell out. Sandbags will only do so much and then they fail. If you want scary, try being stopped by an officer before driving through an area and being told to drive like hell and get to the other side because the sand bags on either side of the road were going. Driving 75 and seeing water shooting out from those bags from levels above my car scared the living daylights out of me.

Before you buy, check around for century and 500 year floods.

I remember that flood my sister an her husband home was underwater. Lucky for them they where just renting. Was crazy though seeing all the flooding.

the floodsax looks like a good idea..but due too price,i think id stick with sand bags..but then again.im on high ground here.and the chances of it flooding here.is extremly slim to none.

These fancy bags would be great to have indoors though, on the inside of doors, if you couldn't afford to use them exclusively.

I think having waterproof containers is a good idea. I don't think trying to keep the water out is practical, but protecting some critical gear would be a smart idea.

Latest posts

Back