Preparedness Questions

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
If the SHTF right now how long would you be able to survive?
How long will your current food/water supply last?
Just some food for thought.....

This is for 3 people

Water 10 days " have to filter after that, pools etc "
food 30 days " easy no problem "
gas for generator 2 days " which sucks, need to work on that "

This is for 3 people

Water 10 days " have to filter after that, pools etc "
food 30 days " easy no problem "
gas for generator 2 days " which sucks, need to work on that "
I have about enough of the same.
However, I am going to need to get a filtration system of some sort for the water.
I too need more gas for the generator.

I have about enough of the same.
However, I am going to need to get a filtration system of some sort for the water.
I too need more gas for the generator.
I have a couple of back packing water filters and life straw, it would be nice to have something that could do some volume.

food & water 3 days, although more is in the works.
i have 3 2.5 serving MRE's that i got from walmart, and the hydration bladder full, plus a few water bottles. i want enough to get where im goen, plus a few days extra so im allowed "hit n miss" with hunting, but if i can get to my destination w/o incedent, water should be everywhere, depending on what cotastrophie has happened, ie, nuclear fallout, one might not wanna drink the water lol.

food & water 3 days, although more is in the works.
i have 3 2.5 serving MRE's that i got from walmart, and the hydration bladder full, plus a few water bottles. i want enough to get where im goen, plus a few days extra so im allowed "hit n miss" with hunting, but if i can get to my destination w/o incedent, water should be everywhere, depending on what cotastrophie has happened, ie, nuclear fallout, one might not wanna drink the water lol.
I know I need to improve my food and water amount.
I need to also store some more gasoline.
Ideally I would like to have 30 days of food and water.
That being said the amount of water I will need for my clan is going to weigh a ton.

Food= canned meats/ fruits/ vegtables cold meals 12 months in storage for 14 (extended Family group)
seed = more than enough for a years planting
Jars and lids = reuse what we have canned up now, plus much more
livestock= more of a liability than asset after day 2 the noise they make will bring more guests than will get to leave. Will be ran off into back woods for possible recapture later when the uh... competition has thinned out.
Everything that can be kept quiet and guarded easier will be caught up, all roosters must die. Always keep new ones comming up so males can reach maturity after the worse has passed. Can perpetuate breeding from those younger ones later, without them crowing thier location like a dinner bell.
2 ponds full of catfish, self reliant, hundreds possibly thousands of pounds of protien.
Water never ending, 40' well, good checkvalve and a hand pump. 3 checkvalves in storage, 3 sets of gaskets for hand pump in storage. Knowledge to build a well bucket (flap bucket if I have to)
Gas = none It will just sound like a dinner bell to those without. whole groups will be inialated from hundreds of yards away. Thier generators will be the beacon that brings the victors. Even a small band can watch a groups doings for a day and understand who is the leaders and who are followers. and plan acordingly.
It may be months before it will even truly be safe to build a fire. only by doing your own scouting will one know.
I am not being over the top, its human nature. Even a child will be able to hear noise, or smell smoke and know that there are other people around. How many more mouths can you take in, can you sleep with people in your stronghold that you dont know. You have, they need. its simple math.
Let it be known where you are, and they will come, first begging, when you stop giving what they want, they will still come.
Bullets, a few LOL

People prep for different disasters, me earthquakes, i don't think the world is ending. { but thats just me }

I dont think the world is ending, but I think it will restart.
I know enough about history to see the writing on the wall about the direction we are going, and the only possible outcome.

You are preparing for earthquake.
I am curious of the planned length of time from possible earthquake to the return to normal activities??
Just for fun, Here is a senerio for you, your earthquake in southern Cali.,
5.3 million in LA county alone, about 20 million in southern california,
population of pre Katrina New Orleans 1/2 a million.
warning for Katrina 2 days
Warning of a earthquake ???
A large earthquake
The displaced would have to get past denver to be absorbed. The hoarde would consume food and resources as it migrated, to the extent of relief having to be transported hundreds of miles, all the while being whittled down, by the needs of every area that it had to pass through.
If you dont think the survivors will think its the end of the world, I think you need to reexamine some facts.
1992 53 killed 2000 injured, and that was not over food for peoples kids.
Katrina proved human nature in desperate times, DRs and nurses left the hospitals to take care of thier own familys.
after the 3rd day it will not even be safe for workers to enter the area to help, people will Take what they bring with them.
It may not be the end of the world, but anyone whom does not act like it is will be victims.
If you are prepared for the end of the world, when you are weighed and measured you will not be found wanting.
I have always heard "prepare for the worse", not, "prepare for some semi-bad stuff, cause it could happen"
Serious earthquakes in California could make Katrina look like a picnic.
Arent ya'll waiting for the big one.

Prepare as you see fit. I am the judge of no man. Everything I say is of my opinion only. I only question to understand.
I only want to help others see what another thinks, so you will be prepared to deal with situations as they happen. I live 25 minutes from Fort Bragg, many of my friends are/were military, thier plan is nothing but bullets, To the victor goes the spoils. There are all kinds of people.
A battle plan is only good until the 1st shot, then everything is split between action and reaction. The division of the 2 will be dictated by the planning of every possible opposition.

Hopefully my house is still standing, the plan is to stay at the house as long as possible, keep a low profile. Food and security we are solid, water is my weak link. Really need to work on that. The cars have a 3 day GHB "get home bag" and if plan A does't work, we have a secondary and third location.

You say cars, let me ask you this.
If you have a family in diff places what is your GTP (Get Together Plan)?
I can tell you from experience in a bad situation, your cell phones will stop working. Overload.
We just had a tornado couple years back, and they stopped.
same problem at ground zero. Emergency workers turn up power on thier frequency, yours is drown out.
Do you have walkie talkies for personal comunication?
part of my plan may include having to tell my wife to hole up where she is, and I have to go after her. may have to wait for night?????? who knows the possibilities. but if you dont know where each other are, you are 2 single units trying to get home, then 1 wont leave if they have to waiting on the other. It would be good for one to be able to know plan A didnt work for someone they are at B waiting for pickup or you to join them.
just a small detail many never think about.

everyone in my group have Motorola MH230R , 23 mile range,
always looking for better.

That's a good idea, thanks for the info. I like the walkie talkie plan. That could be very useful. The range would work for us also.

The devil is in the details.
Every possibility has to be accounted for or you are prepping for failure.
Of this I am 100% sure, Every plan will work untill it fails, where it fails will be where there was no plan.

I am trying to prepare for anything that comes my way. However, earthquakes are a big priority.
I have already lived through some big ones, but thankfully most earthquakes only affect a specific are
and do not create mass chaos through out the state.

My biggest problem I have with my preppeing effort is a lack of storage space, no land to farm or keep dinner critters.
Hopefully I can get the wife to allow me to take over one of the garages. That would solve a load of problems!

I am trying to prepare for anything that comes my way. However, earthquakes are a big priority.
I have already lived through some big ones, but thankfully most earthquakes only affect a specific are
and do not create mass chaos through out the state.

My biggest problem I have with my preppeing effort is a lack of storage space, no land to farm or keep dinner critters.
Hopefully I can get the wife to allow me to take over one of the garages. That would solve a load of problems!
I now huh, the wife takes all my storage also. I agree with ya on the earthquake chaos, just doesn't happen.

Latest posts

Back