Pre-shot Threat Detection

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diluted

Reaction score
http://opptoday.com/srcsgt/pre-shot-threat-detection-ptd-laser-system

Some interesting news...
Well, the NVESD has announced a new system, called the Pre-shot Threat Detection system - or PTD. It goes like this. It's a targetting laser, so when you're aimed directly at the enemy optics, it will detect them so that you know it's time to pre-emptively open fire. Enemy optics includes Riflescopes, Binoculars and most-definitely NV optics. The bad news is that it's a pretty-bright green laser... How do you say "Laser Damaged Photocathode friendly fire?" -

Of course, a LIF is great news now, but it will only make you more detectable. And, of course, if you happen to be watching while someone aims this at you, copper is likely to follow photons.

So, a word of advice to preppers... Don't go looking at anyone important with your NODs or Scopes/Optics. And put lots of shine objects all over the place ;)

That said, it will incorporate visible ( likely green ) lasers and aiming lasers at 800-830nm, which are very visible, so whoever it is you are watching, you will know they are sighting you up too. I guess we're not getting enough shoot-the-enemy-through-the-riflescope events happening since Vietnam and there's a need for more.

Said unit will incorporate picatinny rail mounts and fit all popular US military rifle models.

One thing I learned doing night paintball exercises....ANY amount of light on you, is like painting a bullseye on yourself and shouting "Over here, over here! Shoot me!" I remember having a red light for use, and my team said to use it, and I cautioned against it, but they insisted, (we were in a dark building), and sure enough, just a second after clipping it on, we were lit up.

and thats why i say,dont use any type of light,or smoke at night.wear dark/camo clothes.and give your eyes time to adjust to the dark,then give ALL areas a good looking over before making a move.on account chances are.the enemy is doing the same.and 1 wrong move will get ya..

Ugghhh....I really need to quit stalling, bite the bullet and step up to the pump on some night vision equipment. My bank account will hate me for it, but it is definitely one of my true weaknesses.

Ugghhh....I really need to quit stalling, bite the bullet and step up to the pump on some night vision equipment. My bank account will hate me for it, but it is definitely one of my true weaknesses.

It's getting cheaper by the day

I have head mount NVM though while it's a luxury tool to have don't fully rely on them, they don't work very good in heavy vegetation and in some cases can be defeated altogether, in most cases I find my dogs do a better job at night especially in heavy forested/vegetated areas. Be cautious of the hype ;)

Latest posts

Back