Power generator, exahoust to chimney

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolnor

Reaction score
I have a 1650W inverter, it can have peak-loads of 2000W. I connected it with a metal-hose to the fireplace-chimney and it works fine. I have a well in my basement and via a hole in the floor I have a cable down there. The pump starts fine with the power from inverter. I got analysis of the water from the well and its very high quality drinking water, its 20 times below the limit for bacteria and there is virtually no heavy-metals. I plan to connect the pump to my pluming via a valve so I can switch to taking water from the well if the water is cut off from the grid. Sorry for the messy image, I am not much for cleaning.
1649592566670.jpeg

Its diesel in the can, not gas. I have a CO-gas detector and I dont get toxic levels CO-gas. It will be even better when I fasten the hose properly, its just hanging there now. Try to be more of a friend Helen Back, I am not your enemy, Putin, NorthKorea and China are.
I will remove the hose when I use the woodstove. I want the generator indoors because I am prepping for atomic winter, if air outside is realy bad you dont want to go outside to start the generator. Also, it can be stolen.

Last edited:
I am happy with my installation. I smell no gas and I want to have my inverter close, I will keep it in my EMP-box. (Relax)

Last edited:
no way in hell I'd have a petro fueled engine running or even stored in my home interior >>> even a LP/NG piped in powered engine is too dangerous ...

do a proper electrical job or at least get a heavy extension cord ....

Rolnor, I am sure you are a competent scientist and what you say is correct. But it is just a freak out to consider running such an engine inside your house. Is there no way to make a shed outside and put the generator there instead? Your wood stove would be free then.

I am happy with my installation. I smell no gas and I want to have my inverter close, I will keep it in my EMP-box. (Relax)

didn't comment on your exhaust - commented on you having a gas tank of fuel in your basement >>> over here you'd be shit out of any insurance coverage forever & forever and claims of any kind if fire investigators found a petro fueled generator ...

and then there's the possible criminal charges - you kill anyone thru a fire like that and negligence gets you 5 years as Bubba's girlfriend ...

Rolnor, I am sure you are a competent scientist and what you say is correct. But it is just a freak out to consider running such an engine inside your house. Is there no way to make a shed outside and put the generator there instead? Your wood stove would be free then.
Thanks for the varnings. I have a carbon monoxide meter and it reads 20ppm CO when I run this machine, it beeps if the concentration gets to high so I have no worries. It seems fine. I plan to use this in case of atomic winter, you dont go outside in this situation if you can avoid it.
1649615862274.jpeg

didn't comment on your exhaust - commented on you having a gas tank of fuel in your basement >>> over here you'd be shit out of any insurance coverage forever & forever and claims of any kind if fire investigators found a petro fueled generator ...

and then there's the possible criminal charges - you kill anyone thru a fire like that and negligence gets you 5 years as Bubba's girlfriend ...
Thanx again for your considerations. I would like to have my fuel elsewhere I have my EMP-shield indoors and I need to keep my generator and other electronics in this in case the SHTF. I have two smoke-alarms and its far to the nearest house, in case if fire it only affects my house. I dont think it ruins my insurance, you can have propane-flasks for you gas-stove etc. thats not any safer. Also if it all burns down, who can say I hade a tank filled with gas inside?

Its diesel in the can, not gas. I have a CO-gas detector and I dont get toxic levels CO-gas. It will be even better when I fasten the hose properly, its just hanging there now. Try to be more of a friend Helen Back, I am not your enemy, Putin, NorthKorea and China are.
I will remove the hose when I use the woodstove. I want the generator indoors because I am prepping for atomic winter, if air outside is realy bad you dont want to go outside to start the generator. Also, it can be stolen.
It looks like your CO detector is on a table. CO is lighter than air (as opposed to CO2) so it is important to check for CO buildup near the ceiling. Also, you mention "really bad" air outside. Does your house have a filter system to keep that bad air outside? Burning fuel (or wood) indoors requires oxygen. What goes up the chimney with the exhaust and convection must enter the house elsewhere (like the vents in the eve, around doors, through stove and bathroom vents etc). Most houses do not have filters for this outside air coming in. Having the generator outside reduces the air flow through the house and is far safer.

Its lying on the table for the photo, I check higher up for CO-gas when I run the generator. Yes, I plan to buy a filterunit with HEPA and activated carbon filters. I will close of three rooms with plastic foil and make windows airtight. Also the woddstove has a air-inlet from a pipe that takes air from my basement. This pipe will be the air-inlet to my three rooms so I can controll air comming in. I will not have this open all day but take in air at certain intervalls and this air will go directly in to the filterunit. All this is not a simple set-up and there is a high risc I wont make it. It all depends on the air-quality after the big boom. I will buy a real nice bottle of champagne (or two) and if things look really bad, I will say goodbye to life and enjoy my drinking.

Its lying on the table for the photo, I check higher up for CO-gas when I run the generator. Yes, I plan to buy a filterunit with HEPA and activated carbon filters. I will close of three rooms with plastic foil and make windows airtight. Also the woddstove has a air-inlet from a pipe that takes air from my basement. This pipe will be the air-inlet to my three rooms so I can controll air comming in. I will not have this open all day but take in air at certain intervalls and this air will go directly in to the filterunit. All this is not a simple set-up and there is a high risc I wont make it. It all depends on the air-quality after the big boom. I will buy a real nice bottle of champagne (or two) and if things look really bad, I will say goodbye to life and enjoy my drinking.

May you RIP

I will run this maybe 1hour/day and charge a lithium-ion battery that I can use for the filters and ipad etc. You have consider that this is a matter or survival, its not a normal situation.

That's me to a 'T'. 🤣 Just ask my husband. Any extended noticeable noise, even metronomes, timers, clicking or buzzing for very long and I go crazy. Just have to stop it, remove myself from it or use earplugs.
I am talking about a life-death situation, the air outside is lethal to breathe, you need filters to stay alive.

PLEASE dont put fuel tanks in basements, thats like living over a bomb, TRY to put larger fuel tanks underground and away from living areas!!!

Latest posts

Back