Powdered eggs

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well 15 years may be over stating it but still it would be better then the canned processed stuff
In my opinion, anything you are able to do and KNOW where it came from and how it was handled during the process is a healthier option than what you can buy, . . .but that is just me. The problem with using store bought eggs is eventually you will run out or they will go bad. Don't know about your laws, but there are quite a few cities that will allow you to have chickens, just not a rooster, which makes no sense to me. How many people have to put up with their neighbors dog barking at all hours of the day and night? One of the many reasons we helped a son move from his community and on to a bigger piece of property where he will not have neighbors on top of him.

I have been looking into making my own powdered eggs at home sealed in a mason jar with an oxygen absorber and I believe they should last around 15 years or more. And that will work with store bought or yard eggs
Are you doing the scramble and then in the dehydrator?

In the store, the average is that these eggs were laid a month ago. So that's one major difference. Personally, I like eggs best when they've been in the fridge at least a week, but I'm no stranger to eating freshly laid ones either.

No need for a rooster though, if you are just getting chickens for eggs. I don't keep a rooster either (yet). If things started looking hairy though, I'd get a couple. But at the moment, breeding would only be in case of an emergency. No plans to do that right now.

In the store, the average is that these eggs were laid a month ago. So that's one major difference. Personally, I like eggs best when they've been in the fridge at least a week, but I'm no stranger to eating freshly laid ones either.

No need for a rooster though, if you are just getting chickens for eggs. I don't keep a rooster either (yet). If things started looking hairy though, I'd get a couple. But at the moment, breeding would only be in case of an emergency. No plans to do that right now.

Though my chickens seem to be better layers with a rooster around. Store bought eggs are too white and the shell is thin even the smell is bad.

Latest posts

Back