Pop up on phone

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Now, every time I go to DPF on my phone I'm getting a pop up window asking me to install the app.
Only option is "Install".
This is VERY bad form! At the minimum there should be a decline button, and better a "don't ask again" button.

OldWays

Admin
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Now, every time I go to DPF on my phone I'm getting a pop up window asking me to install the app.
Only option is "Install".
This is VERY bad form! At the minimum there should be a decline button, and better a "don't ask again" button.
Do you have the save to Homepage, or save App ever done where you have an icon to come directly to the forum? Save app would just be the Icon link to the forum. And what type of phone do you have?

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Android phone (Android 11). I have a link directly to "New Posts" on my Chrome home page.
It also happens EVERY TIME I hit the "New Posts" link at the top of any page.

Danil54grl

Top Poster
Reaction score
I was told by my carrier that I had to upgrade my phone when I had the Android 11. It was no longer going to be recognized after early this year and I want to say it was Feb of 2022. Not sure if this helps you.

Admin

Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I have just tried it with my Android phone. But I went through the icon I had saved to homepage, which could be called save app.
Are you just going to the Chrome app on your phone and then posting in the forum that way? Do you not want the icon (app) on your phone home page?

GaryLa

God Like
Reaction score
I switched to a "de-googled" phone over a year ago and haven't had any issues. My son says the same thing.

It runs a copy of Linux which you can download, compile, and install -- if you want to make any changes.

I got it from Rob Braxman. It cost about $300. I use a monthly plan which is about $35.

But then, I also don't live on my phone.

Latest posts