poor mans body armor

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Alright, i know no one wants to skimp when it comes to body armor,when you need to stop a incoming round you want the best, but wyat about us preppers that simply cannot afford a $500-$1500 vest, the solution? The surplus german flak jacket! Yes i know flak jaclets are made to stop low velocity shrapnel and debris, but we all the german military, they overbuild the hell outta their equipment, and this is nondifferant. Itt is made out of kevlar 129 which in compariasion to the american kevlat 29 has 20% more tensile strength, while these vest arnt NIJ rated frpm what ive seen they are comparable to a level II or IIa vest. Thisnis decent...but id like to improve this, these vest can be had for 60 bucks a peice so since the kevlar panels are removable so what id like tondo is buy another one and put the panels from both into one and fron what ive heard thatd be comparable to a level IIIA vest, for about 120 bucks. Not to mention its in flecktarn camo

Attachments

• 20131024_191113.jpg
    20131024_191113.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
I am not trying to sell anything in this forum, but find out your needs of protection and scout the net. Have a standard BC the people that got that fake bodyarmor from FL, are kinda piss now.

eBay offer some great deals and if you wait for the right auction to come round you can get a real bargain. I've seen Kevlar panels, just the vests without panels an the full set go for £50-£100!

eBay offer some great deals and if you wait for the right auction to come round you can get a real bargain. I've seen Kevlar panels, just the vests without panels an the full set go for £50-£100!

try the site I think it's called keepshooting.com lots of used flak jackets etc

Latest posts

Back