Pond

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will the pond hurt or help

• Total voters

Prepped123

Reaction score
In prepping I realized that there is a pond about three hundred feet from the house and bunker and at my other bug out location it is about 500 and 300 yards from yard and house.

Will it hurt my survival or help it
I thought I might be able to fish in it but I don't know now.

Please leave advice below

If the pond is deep and there isn't a lot of surface area, you could be facing die off of the fish every so often. If the pond isn't overly deep and decent sized, then start stocking it. You could also build fish pens to raise catfish or other fast growing fish.

Then I would stock it personally. Here in MO you can get your ponds stocked for free if you let the public fish them, but it doesn't cost a lot to stock it for private use. That's what we do, no one but us fishes ours.

Well you got access to fresh water, and if you can find some corn and sugar you could make your own liquor so thats a plus in my book!! :) j/k

Seriously, I think it would depend upon how you utilize it and what kind of fallout DD takes. As long as you have a way to purify it it would definately be an asset, but keep in mind it could draw people to it so take the appropriate secruity measures to keep yourself safe. And like old_anorak said you can always stock it and have fresh fish.

:D Very true, but we ARE talking about a SHTF situation right? Desperate times call for desperate measures...but I will admit that the land where I have my bunker just so happens to have a nice little fresh water spring near it...not that I would EVER do such a thing of course. *cough cough*

Desperate the times may be, but Lawdy, ain't no call for bad 'shine, LOL. I would imagine I am a goodly bit older than you and I watched a few cookin' sessions with my Granddad, what the revenuers don't know, nobody needs to tell 'em.

Hehehe very very true. Your not that much older than me, only about 10 yrs. I grew up in the mountains of North Georgia where we still had horse and buggy and had a parade the day we ot a stop sign if that tells you anything. Great Grandda was an old school shiner and he loved to show us how it was done. He must have done something right cause he lived to be 108 and shined till about 10 minutes after they nailed his coffin shut!! But of course I only have my spring so I can have some fresh fish of course!

Fish is good, but don't forget the watercress that usually grows around a good spring. Makes for a nice salad to go with the fish.

ponds will be one of the first resorces to be exploited by the masses and in that you are putting you security in danger by setting up next to a pond..... setting up next or near a seasonal spring creek would be mush better most seasonal springs creeks are always flowing just need to find their sources and you can always find a source of freash water

Latest posts

Back