Poncho Liner (Woobies)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loomis

Reaction score
Let’s not forget Poncho Liners. I hear they call them Woobies. I've never heard that expression when I was in the Army but I did use one on active service. They come in very handy. They also come in different sizes. What they are is a thin sheet of Nylon with two outer layers of Polyester. I've never seen the cold weather ones; I have the warm climate one. It's one of those popular things that has been used in combat. They hold up well, easily washed, fast drying. Good for weather in the 50 degree range. It's not a survival blanket though but it will keep you warm.
I have 2 Woobies.

Let’s not forget Poncho Liners. I hear they call them Woobies. I've never heard that expression when I was in the Army but I did use one on active service. They come in very handy. They also come in different sizes. What they are is a thin sheet of Nylon with two outer layers of Polyester. I've never seen the cold weather ones; I have the warm climate one. It's one of those popular things that has been used in combat. They hold up well, easily washed, fast drying. Good for weather in the 50 degree range. It's not a survival blanket though but it will keep you warm.
I have 2 Woobies.
I keep passing them up in the surplus store, been meaning to grab one. There are a lot of you tube vids on them.

I keep passing them up in the surplus store, been meaning to grab one. There are a lot of you tube vids on them.

Here's a pic of mine so everyone knows what they look like.
Woobie.JPG

Here's a pic of mine so everyone knows what they look like.
View attachment 145
It's bigger than i thought ! I think i am going to get one. I carry gor-tex rain gear and a trap an tent in the car already. What the hell i will through one in. Could use it for mini shelter while on the move. Thanks for the pic, made my mind up.

Latest posts

Back