Police withdrawn for own safety

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Last night the West Mids police at one point were COMPLETELY withdrawn according to Sky News for their own safety after a terror threat was discovered.

Which makes me think just how quick the general public may be abandoned by the police if a TERROR CAMPAIGN was initiated. Would the police withdraw and leave society to protect itself if a major campaign was launched against the UK?

After all there is a precedent when the police were completely withdrawn for nearly 3 days during the Tottenham Race riots for the officers own protection.

Look lets be clear about this I dont for one second think our police should put themselves in severe harms way, it makes sense they try to protect themselves from evil murdering terorists, BUT where does that leave the now completely disarmed public at large ??

IF (note I say IF) a concerted terror campaign by say Islamic extremists at public servants, cops, troops, council officers train drivers, etc and it appears the police MAY be withdrawn again for THEIR safety then surely we as survivalists and preppers have a moral duty to protect OUR families ??

http://news.sky.com/story/1388478/threat-made-to-kidnap-and-kill-police-officer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-West-Midlands-Police-hold-officers-beat.html

Last night the West Mids police at one point were COMPLETELY withdrawn according to Sky News for their own safety after a terror threat was discovered.

Which makes me think just how quick the general public may be abandoned by the police if a TERROR CAMPAIGN was initiated. Would the police withdraw and leave society to protect itself if a major campaign was launched against the UK?

After all there is a precedent when the police were completely withdrawn for nearly 3 days during the Tottenham Race riots for the officers own protection.

Look lets be clear about this I dont for one second think our police should put themselves in severe harms way, it makes sense they try to protect themselves from evil murdering terorists, BUT where does that leave the now completely disarmed public at large ??

IF (note I say IF) a concerted terror campaign by say Islamic extremists at public servants, cops, troops, council officers train drivers, etc and it appears the police MAY be withdrawn again for THEIR safety then surely we as survivalists and preppers have a moral duty to protect OUR families ??

http://news.sky.com/story/1388478/threat-made-to-kidnap-and-kill-police-officer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-West-Midlands-Police-hold-officers-beat.html
Of course we would protect our own families, the question is would we protect others families? Remember the old saying about they came for the jews, since I wasn't jewish I did nothing. When they came for the blacks, since I wasn't black I did nothing. When they came for me, there was no one else left to do anything. That's not the exact version, but you get the idea.

we protect our own...if possible we extend that protection to others near by..that's the way I think

Of course we would protect our own families, the question is would we protect others families? Remember the old saying about they came for the jews, since I wasn't jewish I did nothing. When they came for the blacks, since I wasn't black I did nothing. When they came for me, there was no one else left to do anything. That's not the exact version, but you get the idea.
This is so true with so many people out there. This is why I always try and help people when I can.

I decided after living in several Western countries that in the event of ANY Calamity there would be no safety in cities or any large population, so I decided to Bug-Out 5 yrs ago to a tropical Island in SE Asia, bought a mountain property 8 miles/ 13km from the Pacific Ocean and at 1500 Ft high where we feel safe in our Cave Home inside the mountain that we dug out ? We have fresh spring water and are thinking of starting a small commune so we have people with different skills? Now starting organic farming and have small animals for meat source? Anyone interested in more info contact us at cavemanjoe65 at gmail dot com and we'll welcome your questions, Joe

With these terrorist threats/attacks given that most Metro Officer are unarmed I don't blame Metro pulling the Officers back though leaves the question, will the UK ever think of changing the attitude of arming the patrol officers, this is ridiculous! The cops can't keep backing down

there's 1,224 ppl where i live.and i think 4 officers with the police deparment.and that means 1 shirife for every 306 ppl..nope..they aint helping in a shtf situation..

Last edited:
have recently found out that our local police forces have been halved due to "budget cuts", so in one town(10 miles away) population 7,000 there is the grand total of TWO police officers, and in the next nearest(13 miles away) population 5,000 there are another THREE, there is no police station where I live.

and i thought we had it bad..im in a town of 1200,in which (i think) we have 2 full time and 1 or 2 part time sheriffs.and the police station..(if you wanna call it that) is city hall..

I live on the edge of a small rural town with a population of 2,000(that's parish total not just the town), town is one side of the river, I live on the other side. nearest police station is 10 miles away.

I just don't understand this.

With militarized SWAT vehicles, tear gas grenades, rubber bullets, and sonic weapons that make you basically crap your pants....all available to most departments, I just don't see how the police can't handle even the most unruly crowds. Even my cop buddies are just like, "authorize the non-lethal force weapons and give us the tools, and we're in like Flynn"....

I hear from UK friends that their police force is now being armed and call in Swat when the problems are to big to handle for them selves.

and i thought we had it bad..im in a town of 1200,in which (i think) we have 2 full time and 1 or 2 part time sheriffs.and the police station..(if you wanna call it that) is city hall..

In our four villages we have about 15,000 people in total, ONE cop working 9 til 5 and one PCSO ( like a deputy but not allowed to arrest anyone)

I just don't understand this.

With militarized SWAT vehicles, tear gas grenades, rubber bullets, and sonic weapons that make you basically crap your pants....all available to most departments, I just don't see how the police can't handle even the most unruly crowds. Even my cop buddies are just like, "authorize the non-lethal force weapons and give us the tools, and we're in like Flynn"....

Not allowed to, simple as that, our cops live in permanent fear of being accused of being racist which is a career killer. During the Tottenham riots in London the rioters looters numbers a couple of thousand at most and the Met police has 32,000 officers, they were withdrawn for their own protection.

The riots were caused by the cops killing a black dude on his way to do a robbery, he had a long record of violent criminal behaviour, the cops shot him the black community rioted.

I hear from UK friends that their police force is now being armed and call in Swat when the problems are to big to handle for them selves.

When those two black Muslim killers attacked Soldier Lee Rigby, ran him down with a car then attacked him in the middle of the street with machettes there were police officers watching from a safe distance, hiding round the corner waiting for armed back up. It was left to two female civilians to try and save the soldier, the cops hid.

the police in Britain wont do anything without being ordered to do it, we have an official attitude here amongst State employed people, you cant do anything without being given a "chit" to say you can do it, and you can only do what is on the chit and no more, common sense is not required and is frowned upon.

Not allowed to, simple as that,

Ours are though. They did use it in Ferguson, and it worked well, but they should have used more, and it would have been over quickly (also quicker if they used the rubber bullets).

SO19 is the British SWAT equivalent. There are lots of different SO divisions (Special Ops) in the police there, that can be armed, etc.

back along some child was in trouble in a pond and was drowning, couple of PCSO's(police and community support officers...police but a lower pay scale than full officers) were not allowed to help as they hadn't done a "health and safety course".

Latest posts

Back