Police withdrawn for own safety

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a child, I'm definitely jumping in and saving a life (or trying to, consequences be damned).

For an adult, I'd have to really consider it. Don't want to save someone who's just going to turn around and sue me (or their family sues me if I try and fail).

It isn't just talk either, I've been in these circumstances, more times than I'd like to think are coincidental. I have actually saved lives (even though I'm not in any occupation where this comes up often). Don't know why. I just seem to stumble into it. Granted, I've saved folks more often from injuries than actual lives, though at least 4 times, had I not intervened, there was a good chance or it would have been fatal.

I keep saying that to myself, and yet, when the times come, I end up doing it anyhow.
I've had an odd life when I think about it.
Had to brave a bear once to save some kids.
Had to organize and form a human chain to get a kid out of a frozen lake when he fell through the ice.
Had to climb a cliff to get a kid who was stuck.
Had to face off desert Bedouins who pulled swords (yes, actual frickin' swords) on us to get back some kids who snuck over the compound wall.
And all this, before even being in High School.....some damn luck, LOL

Latest posts

Back