Poland. What you should know?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don’t know a lot about Poland. Our public schools pretty much sucked on world history and geography. Not to say that you can’t get a good education here if you apply yourself, but it’s really easy for the general student to just skate by. So, what are the high points of living in Poland?

Good hard workers the Poles, We have huge numbers of them living and working in the UK, Especially in East Anglia and the Fens, but where ever there is large amounts of manual or agricultural work in the UK you find Poles plus Latvians, Lithuania, Estonians etc Some of our farming towns now have more Polish shops that British shops. Also almost every construction team in the UK lately appears to be half Polish. They have fitted right into our country unlike certain others from the Middle East. The few I know dislike the Russians more than the Finns do, and many are very VERY concerned about what the EU is morphing into.

I do wish they had left their picckled sausages back in poland though they are horrible :)

Last edited:
I honestly don’t know a lot about Poland. Our public schools pretty much sucked on world history and geography. Not to say that you can’t get a good education here if you apply yourself, but it’s really easy for the general student to just skate by. So, what are the high points of living in Poland?
NOT the neighbours :)

Russians, Brits, Americans - we hate everyone :D But seriously, we don't have a problem with other nations but with their politics. I like Russians, they have common sense, they drink vodka ;) they like to singing so what's the problem? Vlad. Ok that's my point of view, people mostly hate Russians nad Germans because of WWII and patritions of our country. It's deep in our memory, that's true.

Brent, tomorrow. It is too much to write or I just reduce it to: lots of tons of beautiful womans around :p

In theory, I am part Polish. My biological mother was married to a polish guy but there is some doubt if he was my father or if my step dad was actually my real father. My biological mother did have some loose morals, in either case I do like the Poles.

Some part of my extende family living in US from lots od years, some in UK. They stay after the war. RAAF pilots, one Monte Cassino veteran, common soldiers. I meet their children and grandchildren in UK. Maybe some day it will be possible to meet those in US. Need to remind old family stories. At the moment I remeber only one aunt in America. She past away years ago but I know that she was judge or someone like this and she manage cases concerns native Americans.
Half of my family was stricte Polish and Ive found their bloodlines starts from XVI century. Nobles from north lands of Poland. The other half is more enigmatic. Lots of clues leeds to Grece but its hard to finds solid informations.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

By high points of living here you mean something like good sites right? Sorry but when I began few days ago on this forum it was about 9 years since I last time wrote or spoke English words. Lots has been forgoten so I'm not sure what you mean.

By high points of living here you mean something like good sites right? Sorry but when I began few days ago on this forum it was about 9 years since I last time wrote or spoke English words. Lots has been forgoten so I'm not sure what you mean.
High Points = Positives, Good things, Benefits, Niceties etc Whats good about Poland he means. I love the huge ancient forests that still exist in Poland for example.

High Points = Positives, Good things, Benefits, Niceties etc Whats good about Poland he means.

Ok, thats what I thought but wasnt sure. Thank you.

I love the huge ancient forests that still exist in Poland for example.

Uhm... Well... First, you in Britain distinguish forest and woods so for us it is more like wood. Almost primal. During this four years of reging party, considerable piece of this wood was cut down... In this case EU helps but bit too late. Official statement was "European spruce bark beetle invasion". That is sad part of my reply...

So the positives. Maybe I should begin from inside

TO BE CONTINUED

Yes as far as the things you like the most about Poland. And am interested in the things you don’t like about it as well.
I can definitely say that your English is a lot better than my polish, so no concerns there! Heck, I’m not even so sure about my grasp of the English language, lol! Math makes sense, languages are a little too open to interpretation in my opinion....

Russians, Brits, Americans - we hate everyone :D But seriously, we don't have a problem with other nations but with their politics. I like Russians, they have common sense, they drink vodka ;) they like to singing so what's the problem? Vlad. Ok that's my point of view, people mostly hate Russians nad Germans because of WWII and patritions of our country. It's deep in our memory, that's true.

Brent, tomorrow. It is too much to write or I just reduce it to: lots of tons of beautiful womans around :p
I think Vlad is a problem period. But it seems I remember from my history lessons that the Polish people have more or less the right to hate their neighbors, and not only because of WWII.

I think Vlad is a problem period. But it seems I remember from my history lessons that the Polish people have more or less the right to hate their neighbors, and not only because of WWII.

Our Polish friends do have the right to fear and dislike Germany and Russia, however (and not excusing the horrors of the 20th century) go back a couple of hundred years to the 18th and 19 th centuries and it was Poland subjugating neighbours.

HOWEVER, I also think Germany and Russia expensionist efforts are not yet over, both still want their own empires Rodina and Greater Germania , Russia has nabbed back a chunk of land Stalin gave to the Ukraine and its playing nasty games in the Baltic region again. Germany is using the EU as a vessel to gain the upper hand in Europe, one of its three Presidents admitted only 2 weeks ago they want an EU empire and military forces to match Russia and the US WHY when the EU is only supposed to be a Common Market free trade area.

Last edited:
Math makes sense, languages are a little too open to interpretation in my opinion....

Very good remark! Most obvious exapmle for me is poetry or lyrics. Sometimes I'm translating on my own and it's bit different than ready translations. They seems to by dry, without feelings.

All I need to know is that the Poles had the cajones to stand up to the Soviet Union when everyone else was cowering in fear.

Yes, still we have cajones (lots of people here know this word - crazy huh? :p) Sometimes this cajones are burried deep inside and we need some kind of primer, igniter to show them. That is why we always creating resistance, partisans/guerilla (even nowdays)

pirogi and vodka :)

Aye! We love this. In my region pirogi are not so common but I'm doing with my wife a lots of them!

That is correct. Like I wrote before partitions of our lands by neighbours. Somemone wrote on other topic that we had empire backdays. It was in XVI century when we had lands from Baltic to the Black Sea. Republic was strong, huge an very liberal. One stab was agressive Protestantism (muslims live free as a Poles to this day form XIV. You can read abut them - Lipka Tatars) and the other was privileges to nobles. They became to strong, self confident and lazy, self-absorbed, rotten in the end. So we tested liberal policy with sad end but now we don't remeber that. That's what's people really are.

Back to present Poland. We still have the problem with memory. Previous government was favours Germans (I think you well know Donald Tusk, bastard leader of that government. His
Freundin Merkel - we called her mackerel fish, in polish "makrela" - make easier his preferment to EU structures). Present party, pretending to be right-wing and pro Polish, is staring at US and that's the problem. It's not problem with Americans as such but with Jewish lobby strong in US. That crafty businessmans wants free money for the Holocaust. But how Poland pay such money if Poland was a victim along with Jews in WWII? There was no Polish death camps. NAZI GERMAN DEATH CAMPS located on Polish land took by force! ( - video Nazi German Death Camps not Polish by Stefan Tompson)
We help the Jews to stay alive (if not convinced look at honorific Righteous Among the Nations. In the statistic you will see that largest number of awards was commited to Polish people!) So why the heck they want fulfillment from us?? That is why our present leading party is bad for us. It's ok to have alliance with US but it's not ok be drained of our money for things that we wasn't done. Tomorrow is election day in Poland and I have bad feelings abut future of Poland. From years is like ping-pong, favorable Germans party or Americans/Jews lobby party. We have alternative but media mute it. Those who not interested politics don't know about that alternative. So about Poland again. I wrote in some topic that we also have almost same problems like other nations. We are blinded by welfare which came after Communism as we know it felt down and we opened for western goods. Like all poor people, when you got the chance to get tv, a car or whatewer, we want it. Consumerism. And we almost forgot abut common sense... Sad but true. Movement like preppers, survivalists or paramilitary formations has change it and lots of people turn back his thinking to self reliance, search for alternatives, think more wide perspective. Maybe some day will be better.

Last edited:
Best things in Polnad. Like I wrote earlier, let's focus on inside. We have provincial way of thinking and tht's possitive. Most people have strong tradition sense in many levels of living. Sure it sometimes is parochial but what to do. We have attachment to Catholic faith and the Church although trust in hierarchic church is getting low with every year. We have some rules under our skin, in the blood, set of manners and we esteem womans, respect holiness, admire strenght and just love to fight and struggle. This things are changing thru the years, yes, but still it's strong and deeply hide in us. We respect values and I don't mean materials. Things like friendship, brotherhood are still important to us. Mostly we hate gender and feminism and thats also is result of our manners that we were learn in homes.
When we began to be so called free people, without communism, we start to develop ourselves in many branches. Internet was very helpful so folks here start to learn new skills they seen on YT channels for example. Creative skills are very common. I also learned letherwork thru web. Gather some pdf's, seen some channels and started my own workshop. I'm not doing this for money - it's not a small business even (tax law here is too heavy to handle for beginners) - but for my own pleasure. I'm thinking about making my own site with leather goods but not now. Summarizing lots of creative people here and they work with leather, knifemakers, tailors, tactical tailors (you can probably have heard about Helikon-Tex and lately Wisport - saw few days ago some review of Wisport bagpack in Everyday TacticalVids channel, but there's lots of more), knitting, gemstone griders... You know what I mean. And when we love what we do we very efficient.
Generaly people are friendly but we don't like when our guests are making mess. That's why we don't want muslim refugees, we've seen what their doing in western Europe.

Latest posts

Back