Podcasts

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Would you like to see Podcasts on this site, and would you listen to them?

• Yes, include Podcasts, but I won't be listening.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Good day to you all.
first off thank you so very much for making Doomsday Prepper Forums.com what it is!
As of this writing we have;
Threads: 1,278
Members: 679

I am curious as to how many of you would like to see a section for Podcasts.
I would like to eventually grow the Podcasts t allow people to call in and discuss the topics of the day as they relate to prepping. I would also try to grow it to a point that I would have interviews with the more famous preppers, politicians, survuval experts, and the average hardcore prepper.
If you would like to see Podcasts brought to the site be forewarned.... I do not have a cool radio voice.

Please vote on the attached poll and/or leave a message on your thoughts about Podcasts.

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
*Noun
*A multimedia digital file made available on the Internet for downloading to a portable media player, computer, etc.

*The most popular format of a podcast is MP3. An MP3 is -

* as long as you have a music player on your computer you should be able to listen to a podcast file.(such as windows media player)

*. It’s all about having the files come to you through syndication instead of you going to the files through search.

*you subscribe to podcasts much like you subscribe to blogs. In fact often podcasts are distributed through a blog and provided your feed reading software handles podcasts you should be able to either instruct your reader to download new podcasts whenever they become available or manually choose which podcasts you want to download by clicking a link to the audio file. These files can then be listened to on your computer or you can transfer them to your portable player to listen to later.

So basically a podcast would be put on this forum about certain topics and you can download them to your computer and listen..You can have instructional, interviews, or basically a radio station but it's done through a downloadable file.

I don't know a whole lot about them but I think this is the concept...it's like having a radio station in your basement but 2013 style :)

Lindy

Reaction score
Hi Jeepgirl,
It sounds like you do know a whole lot about podcasts! I'm not very good with this computer stuff but I'm trying to learn. Thank you for helping me. Now I can answer the question...Yes I would listen.

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
lol I knew the concept but I googled it to explain it better than I could. I'm not a technical person but hopefully I got it right!

rudyc

Reaction score
i listen to a few prepper podcasts. some are good, some are not. i dont like the loud extreme prepping shows, but from what i have seen on this website, how people interact, i would listen to this show.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
yeah id listen..mainly out of intrest if nothing else..pluse i never know when i might learn some thing

The Parahunter

Banned
Reaction score
This is one of the best prepping podcasts I've found so-far. The reasons why I like it are thus...
  1. Good quality - most prepping podcasts sound like you're listening to the shows through a very poor telephone connection, and most hosts of podcasts don't know diddly about even basic audio editing before submitting their shows for download. It's uber-annoying and I've literally stopped listening to several podcasts because of crappy audio quality.
  2. The hosts - The podcast is put on by 4 guys, 2 of which will do each show and they alternate. The hosts are not extremists nor are they irrational when it comes to (most) things they discuss. They're level-headed and extremely practical, and they sound friendly, too, even when discussing the less-pleasant aspects of prepping.
  3. The topics - One serious problem with podcasts (having considered doing one or two myself) is content. It's extremely difficult to produce a podcast every week, or every month for that matter, with new and fresh material or guests. This podcast I'm hyping usually has practical content with an interesting format. They do tend to drift and get into topics I don't care that much about but it's forgivable since every podcast and host will do that once in a while. It's just a matter of how often the content sucks is a determination of the quality of the program.
I do listen to a few others but either the sound quality is crap or the host doesnt' know what they're doing. Think of podcasting as creating a radio program that anybody can do as long as you have the right computer and right software, plus know how to upload files to the right kind of server (see iTunes for classic examples.) And when I say anybody can do it, I mean anybody. So it's like the Internet, you'll find all kinds of opinions, some good, some bad, presented in all kinds of ways.....some good, some bad. Not everybody is cut out to be a radio show host, which is kinda like what a podcast is, so you typically have to be careful about what you go to listen to. The good news...it's free! Download a crappy show and you can just delete it without being out anything.
Peace.
J.