Poaching

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gutting and cleaning fish and game isn't rocket science. Most will figure it out. Besides there are millions of hunters, fishermen and trappers in this country who already have these skills. Along with fish and game there are millions upon millions of cattle, sheep, pigs, chickens and turkeys being raised for food. The slaughter houses, feed lots, poultry plants and most dairys would most likely shut down and the livestock turned loose.
In a true SHTF all of the commercial fishing boats would stop operating in the oceans too. It wouldn't take long for the fish stocks to recover. Orchards and most commercial vegetable farms would probably stop production if theres no electricity to run the irrigation pumps.
I agree that millions will die because of poor health or their own stupidity. But many more will survive. I guess I'm more optimistic than many here are.

Gutting and cleaning fish and game isn't rocket science. Most will figure it out. Besides there are millions of hunters, fishermen and trappers in this country who already have these skills. Along with fish and game there are millions upon millions of cattle, sheep, pigs, chickens and turkeys being raised for food. The slaughter houses, feed lots, poultry plants and most dairys would most likely shut down and the livestock turned loose.
In a true SHTF all of the commercial fishing boats would stop operating in the oceans too. It wouldn't take long for the fish stocks to recover. Orchards and most commercial vegetable farms would probably stop production if theres no electricity to run the irrigation pumps.
I agree that millions will die because of poor health or their own stupidity. But many more will survive. I guess I'm more optimistic than many here are.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic.

I am equally optimistic of the stupidity of the average American.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic.

I am equally optimistic of the stupidity of the average American.
Im not sure just what the "average" American is. I would say the the average person in most rural areas would survive just fine. Chicago, NYC, LA? The average people in these areas I agree with their low survival rate.

Latest posts

Back