Pitch oil

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dies Irae

Reaction score
Did you know that even resin flowing from the bark of trees is a cure for us? It is a natural substance with antibacterial and antifungal effect.

To collect resin (pitch) go in colder weather, arm yourself with patience, rubber gloves, a knife and a glass for pitch. Pitch is collected only from spruce and pine. Attention! - we only collect resin that has spilled onto the bark of the tree in order not to injure the tree! The tree used resin to "glue" its wounds, so please be very careful.

Caution, the resin is flammable, so do not leave it unattended during cooking!
I recommend doing it in a pot that we don't care so much about, the subsequent scrubbing is a btch.

Procedure: slowly heat 500ml of coconut oil in a water bath, or it is possible to use beeswax (my case), 150g of resin (any impurities will not pass through the cloth, so you do not have to deal with it), 75ml of virgin olive oil. We carefully heat everything to 60 ° C and it takes a really long time for the resin to dissolve (at least 2-3 hours). Then strain through the cloth, we can add various ingredients like vitamins, essential oils etc, and pour into the sealable jars.

Pitch ointment is recommended not only for mold (nails), rashes, joint pain, muscle pain or faster healing of various wounds, but even for toothache it is recommended to rub into the gums. Soothes reddened skin with a tendency to inflammation and skin problems. Pitch ointment is also suitable for problematic skin, it is used for back and shoulder pain, ingrown nails, backs, also for shin ulcers, frostbite and acne.

We store the ointment in the dark and cold.

Other uses of pine resin

Previously, the resin was used as a stimulant, diuretic, laxative and as a means of treating abscesses. Its use was wide, it found different ones in each culture. In some places it was used as a cough medicine, in some places it was used to treat cancer. Elsewhere, it has been used in liquid form with water to treat ulcers, smallpox and syphilis.

Resin is very effective in insect bites, prevents infection from scratches, it can also be used as a lip balm and hand cream. In particular, lip balm and hand cream is very effective in preventing various diseases and inhibiting bacteria. It is also used to treat and heal a sprained ankle. And even to make homemade soap.

FB_IMG_1649854082556.jpg
FB_IMG_1649854085419.jpg
FB_IMG_1649854088231.jpg
FB_IMG_1649854091127.jpg

Pine tar shampoo...good for dandruff
Grandpa's Pine Tar Shampoo, Packaging May Vary, 8 Fl Oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A7MFX8

Lol. Pine tar shampoo...

I grew up on a plat of land that was once, in part, a Christmas tree farm. One of my favorite activities was climbing to the very top of the 30 foot trees and and just holding on and swaying with the wind.

I had a braid that went well past my derrière. I preferred it when the wind blew through my hair. So, I used to get to the top and take the braid out.

After a couple of summers of having to remove pine sap embedded throughout my hair, one day my mother just braided it and...snip! That was the end of that. I think I was about 8 at the time.

I wasn't allowed to grow out my hair again until I was in high school and simply refused to let her cut my hair or take me into town to get it cut anymore. I was tall for my age and skinny; everyone thought I was a boy! It was the worst.

Latest posts

Back