Helpful Info. Pineapple Beer Brewing for the Desperate

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illini Warrior

Demi-God
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/pineapple-beer

Under Pandemic Prohibition, South Africans Resort to Pineapples >>>> A strict lockdown has meant a spike in homebrewing.

ON MARCH 15, THE DAY before South Africans were plunged into a lockdown which prohibited sales of alcohol, cigarettes, and takeout food, lines outside liquor stores spilled into the streets. One bottle store owner told me he did a month’s trade in a day.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/pineapple-beer

Under Pandemic Prohibition, South Africans Resort to Pineapples >>>> A strict lockdown has meant a spike in homebrewing.

ON MARCH 15, THE DAY before South Africans were plunged into a lockdown which prohibited sales of alcohol, cigarettes, and takeout food, lines outside liquor stores spilled into the streets. One bottle store owner told me he did a month’s trade in a day.
Alcohol is considered essential here. Pineapple beer sounds interesting though?

Pineapple beer....if you buy it, and it is really cheap, is simply beer that has had pineapple syrup added at the very late stage of creating...maybe even at the end. I had had 2 or 3 brands of this and would not recommend it to anyone who really appreciates beer. I suspect that they used a very cheap brand of beer to make it. Then, there is another kind that has the pineapple inserted much earlier in the process. I am not a brewmaster, so did not remember the exact recipe...but that beer...was pretty good. The pineapple had the taste like it belonged in the beer - harmonized with it...worth a try.

we better have blue prints for a still available, just in case....
Here you go 😁
7xmcdES.png

how do you know,when the heart comes??
not that I would brake the law here,just curious..

how do you know,when the heart comes??
not that I would brake the law here,just curious..
From: Distiller Cuts: Separating the Heads, the Heart, and the Tails | Distiller
The amount of heads and tails allowed to bleed into the heart is one of the ways a distiller decides the distillery’s house character. Some distillers make these decisions based on parameters such as time and ABV. Others prefer to use taste and smell to make cuts. Either way it’s as much an art as it is a science. It can take years for a distiller to become consistent with their technique.​

The first bit they call the angels share as the moonshiners would toss it into the air for the angels. People that drink it can become blind. The tail isn’t dangerous but is watered down and most just don’t want it. I don’t distill anything but love to make wines and have played with beer a couple times. If shtf I would likely distill some for both antiseptic and anesthesia.

From: Distiller Cuts: Separating the Heads, the Heart, and the Tails | Distiller
The amount of heads and tails allowed to bleed into the heart is one of the ways a distiller decides the distillery’s house character. Some distillers make these decisions based on parameters such as time and ABV. Others prefer to use taste and smell to make cuts. Either way it’s as much an art as it is a science. It can take years for a distiller to become consistent with their technique.​
And probably entails having plenty hangovers and headaches. 😁

Then ye must be doing something wrong, had some in Ireland years ago and that stuff was good.
It was just much sweeter than I am used to. I’m sure if Meade was the only relaxing beverage around that I could come to like it in time. Right now I can go to the store and buy from over 100 choices of beer, and the wines I make are semi sweet fruity flavors I personally enjoy, mostly because I am accustomed To them.

Latest posts

Back