Pimp my Bug Out Vehicle

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cerberus

Reaction score
Alright guys, I searched a long time but did not find it, so here it is!
The Pimp my Bug Out Vehicle thread!

The Idea behind this thread is to:
- List modifications for BOV 's
- Throw crazy BOV related Ideas out there
- Sharing pictures of your bugout vehicle with an explanation what you've done to them ;)

This is my ideal set up. Right know I have an 85 toyota 4x4 truck and a tent trailer.

8.jpg

i deffintly like that idea.not only got a pop up camper on the go.but that also gives ya extra storage space to boot..if i had that.id be looking for a way to haul a motor cycle with me as well

Truck1.jpg

This is mine. F350 Diesel. In addition to the two tanks standard, I have a 150 gallon auxiliary tank. Sure, mileage sucks, but with a diesel (especially with multiple tanks), lots of options for biodiesel and other fuels. Also have a CB radio, cattle guards, and all kinds of auxiliary lighting.

Some other additions are more for comfort (CD changer/TV, etc.). Not an addition, but there is a LOT of storage room behind the rear bench seat, far more than you would think to look at it, which is where I store a lot of gear. I also have it rigged to be able to pull either a gooseneck or bumper hitch trailer. Has an added braking system for making it easier to drive with a fully loaded horse trailer (feels no different braking really, which is awesome).

Handles and the runner board enable folks to ride there too (armed, for example) for short distances, etc. The real deal though, is in what I carry with me, collapse-able gas cans, collapse-able water cans, basic tools, siphon kit, etc. in addition to my get home bag and additional survival gear.

View attachment 1899
This is mine. F350 Diesel. In addition to the two tanks standard, I have a 150 gallon auxiliary tank. Sure, mileage sucks, but with a diesel (especially with multiple tanks), lots of options for biodiesel and other fuels. Also have a CB radio, cattle guards, and all kinds of auxiliary lighting.

Some other additions are more for comfort (CD changer/TV, etc.). Not an addition, but there is a LOT of storage room behind the rear bench seat, far more than you would think to look at it, which is where I store a lot of gear. I also have it rigged to be able to pull either a gooseneck or bumper hitch trailer. Has an added braking system for making it easier to drive with a fully loaded horse trailer (feels no different braking really, which is awesome).

Handles and the runner board enable folks to ride there too (armed, for example) for short distances, etc. The real deal though, is in what I carry with me, collapse-able gas cans, collapse-able water cans, basic tools, siphon kit, etc. in addition to my get home bag and additional survival gear.

DANG !!!! BIG RIG ! that thing is a tank.

Yep, pretty much. I backed into someone a couple weeks back...didn't even scratch my bumper....

This is what I would add to my vehicle. I have broken it into two groups cars and trucks.

Car
1. LED lights on roof
2. Weatherguard Model 307-3 PACK RAT® Drawer Unit in the trunk

Truck
1. Brushguard
2. Roof rack
3. Light bar
4. Weatherguard Model 307-3 PACK RAT® Drawer Unit
5. Intake snorkle

Our two rigs (or 3 if you count the trailer)

Beautiful trucks! And what a step up to get in 'em, hehe...nice!

I would like to add some other lighting options to mine. The main things I want to add are a front winch and small toolbox in the bed behind the gas tank.

I like the FJ cruiser and the camper on top and all of the stuff in the rear. I also like the F350. If I am getting a BOV, it would have to be a big-### pickup with off-road capability. Thanks for sharing.

Every type of vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages (duh, right!). Look at the terrain and all the possible conditions you'd have to travel in. Heavy vehicles can get bogged down sometimes, regardless of weight, tires, powerplant. A mob can push over an armored vehicle so stay away from them.

I always wanted to James Bond out a vehicle.
A couple of (doable) modifications:

1. Switch to change or hide license plate
2. Switch to activate dropped caltrops (small iron spikes) to pop a pursuer's tires
3. Oil slick
4. Smokescreen
5. Different lighting options (to disguise vehicle type at night)
6. Airless tires (expensive though)

I'll take a Tumbler please.

Actually, any of the Batmobiles would be pretty slick in an apocalypse, but I feel like the one from the Nolan films is the most "practical."

This will be my BOV

cruiser-photo.jpg

It's still in it's raw state as purchased a few months ago but I'll be removing all the tray and canopy and building a camper from the chassis up. It will have all the normal 4x4 goodies like lockers, winch etc, plus solar power, LiFePo4 batteries, plenty of water, three fuel tanks with at least 2000k (1240 miles) range , diesel heater and cooktop. Basically a much better version of my last Cruiser

30442.jpg

Pity the new style bull bars don't have room to store firewood :)

If I wasn't American.... I would want to be an Aussie............... That's a great bug out vehicle for a dude that's not bugging out, dude.

Our countries and cultures are very similar, we just have about 10th the people.

Yes my plan is to stay put, but if that doesn't work out I need a plan B. Of course I can use a BOV to just go camping in the mean time, and I plan to do that, it's been a while since I was in the outback.

Yep, bugging out is the LAST thing I want to do, but if we do have to, need to have the option. I mean, if an armed gang of 50 come at us, we're going to have to leave, simple as that. Doesn't mean I'm all out of options, but I'm not going to risk such a bloodbath with my loved ones. I will leave some parting gifts, however.....

Yep, bugging out is the LAST thing I want to do, but if we do have to, need to have the option. I mean, if an armed gang of 50 come at us, we're going to have to leave, simple as that. Doesn't mean I'm all out of options, but I'm not going to risk such a bloodbath with my loved ones. I will leave some parting gifts, however.....

Exactly!!

Got a '96 Dodge Ram 1500 club cab 4x4. Everything is stock right now but within the next couple weeks the vacuum system for the 4x will be swapped for the posi-lock system. Would like to add a wench, toolbox and a ranchhand front bumper but money is an issue right now. Have a cb in it right now that doesn't get much use since the truck is driven back and forth to work right now.

Latest posts

Back