Pimp my Bug Out Vehicle

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah,true about the program.there's 2 flaws in my gps program.1st is,the addressees dont always show up at the correct location.but that happened only once.2nd is,it dont show/tell me where there's road construction going on..

I recently bought a 1997 Toyota 4runner as a project BOV. anyone here have some realistic ideas for suspension and engine improvements?

View attachment 1899
This is mine. F350 Diesel. In addition to the two tanks standard, I have a 150 gallon auxiliary tank. Sure, mileage sucks, but with a diesel (especially with multiple tanks), lots of options for biodiesel and other fuels. Also have a CB radio, cattle guards, and all kinds of auxiliary lighting.

Some other additions are more for comfort (CD changer/TV, etc.). Not an addition, but there is a LOT of storage room behind the rear bench seat, far more than you would think to look at it, which is where I store a lot of gear. I also have it rigged to be able to pull either a gooseneck or bumper hitch trailer. Has an added braking system for making it easier to drive with a fully loaded horse trailer (feels no different braking really, which is awesome).

Handles and the runner board enable folks to ride there too (armed, for example) for short distances, etc. The real deal though, is in what I carry with me, collapse-able gas cans, collapse-able water cans, basic tools, siphon kit, etc. in addition to my get home bag and additional survival gear.
Nice! I would love to get a F350

I have seen smaller vessels cruising the Caribbean with tourists on board :)

View attachment 1899
This is mine. F350 Diesel. In addition to the two tanks standard, I have a 150 gallon auxiliary tank. Sure, mileage sucks, but with a diesel (especially with multiple tanks), lots of options for biodiesel and other fuels. Also have a CB radio, cattle guards, and all kinds of auxiliary lighting.

Some other additions are more for comfort (CD changer/TV, etc.). Not an addition, but there is a LOT of storage room behind the rear bench seat, far more than you would think to look at it, which is where I store a lot of gear. I also have it rigged to be able to pull either a gooseneck or bumper hitch trailer. Has an added braking system for making it easier to drive with a fully loaded horse trailer (feels no different braking really, which is awesome).

Handles and the runner board enable folks to ride there too (armed, for example) for short distances, etc. The real deal though, is in what I carry with me, collapse-able gas cans, collapse-able water cans, basic tools, siphon kit, etc. in addition to my get home bag and additional survival gear.

Latest posts

Back