pigs

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myhomemycastle

Reaction score
Now i know they mite seem like a dirty n hard animal to rear but their not trust me. Im a pig farmer and pigs are quite clean and easy to feed they can eat feed scraps grass vegetables most things including dead animals. All you would need is a good healthy boar and 1 or 2 sows for constant produce. Piglets should be taken of the sows at around 6 weeks old after that they should be kept in small groups no more then 10 to make life a little bit easy. the sow should be left for 1 day before being put back with the boar but make sure shes on heat 1st.Each sow will have around 15 piglets ensure plenty of water and just watch the food rationing, too much and it wont get eaten not enuf and the pigs could go thin then lame. A sow will roughly have 4 to 5 litters before she starts to dry up. The bacon pigs should b around 85 to 90 kilos when killed for food roughly. And remember most of this animal is usable hope this is of some help any questions just ask.

I've tasted ordinary pig and free range pig,there is a difference...
this is a smart animal and foodwise everything can be used

This video gives me some great ideas on using pigs and chickens...maybe follow that pig tractor with a chicken tractor to help with the composting and soil building?

Latest posts

Back