Picked up at a garage sale yesterday for a $1.00

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Maverick

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Stopped in on a garage sale and purchased a Craftsman hunting knife for a $1.00, appears to be from around the 60s, it has the appearance of a schrade, I remember having a schrade h15 years and years ago but not with the bowie type guard, I'm going to assume this is a craftsman branded schrade?, the knife is 10" overall length with a 5 1/4" blade, the guard and pommel are very tight though this has red plastic spacer between the pommel and leather rings and a red plastic spacer between the guard and leather rings though the spacers on my h15 were black, anyway, I paid a dollar so no loss. The leather and knife is in better condition then how it appears in the picture.

FullSizeRender.jpg

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
great buy..looks like that it has a good edge on it..as far as the orange parts goes.i'd tape off what needs taping..then paint the orange some other color(s)

Maverick

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
No pits just a little surface rust, the blade never been touched by a stone still appears to be a factory edge, it looks like it just set in the sheath for the last 50yrs in a relatively dry environment or carried but very seldom used once upon a time.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
well dang..you owe then another 10-20 dollars then..lol..you definitely got that knife at a steel..

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
here's a lil beauty that was given me 2 years ago..every once in a while.i'll get it out.and add to the edge some..i figured that it'd be great for skinning wild game with..

DSCN0983.JPG

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I used to love garage sales! It's been a while since going to any, since I live in the country now. You got me motivated though, next time I see one I'll stop.

Latest posts