Must Read pick 4 items only

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toexist

God Like
Banned
Reaction score
CFtnX0qWoAE5dRZ.jpg

Deserted island...you're only allowed 4 items...which would you choose?

I know most of you will say I'll never be stranded on deserted island but just humor me.

yeah the machete is just about the perfect survival tool

I think the knife and axe are supposed to represent same thing in this case. You're supposed to pick quickly without over analyzing. Then after everyone gives it a go you can discuss logic behind choices. I hope to learn if I made best choices or not from those more experienced in preparedness than myself.

Interesting...

Not much your going to catch with a fishing pole off the sands of a island, most food if not found in trees will be spear fishing using single point, devils fork or harpoon, matches for signaling, warmth and boiling water. knife can be used for the spear tip or making the spear opening hard shell food source, some islands have rocks that can throw spark (fire), rubbing the sand on the sides will brighten the dull blade thus can be used for signaling. ropes have multiple uses from constructing shelters to using on a harpoon, the tarp for sheltering to signaling to catching rain water.

Last edited:
we all have very different ideas what to take,knife seems to be the one for all of us.

in the pot you can boil the water and make food,with the fishing rod you have to catch all the BIG and tasty fishes ;)
and for me in the first aid kit,there must be many items you can multi-use.

Not much your going to catch with a fishing pole off the sands of a island, most food if not found in trees will be spear fishing using single point, devils fork or harpoon, matches for signaling, warmth and boiling water. knife can be used for the spear tip or making the spear opening hard shell food source, some islands have rocks that can throw spark (fire), rubbing the sand on the sides will brighten the dull blade thus can be used for signaling. ropes have multiple uses from constructing shelters to using on a harpoon, the tarp for sheltering to signaling.

pc1602981.jpg

christmas-island-GT-fly-fishing.jpg

ApNSeh1MR12395vBWN1b_Stanislava_966.jpg

NOBX-TW-sandy.jpg

Lol...I'm just being a smartazz. Brb.

Not much your going to catch with a fishing pole off the sands of a island, most food if not found in trees will be spear fishing using single point, devils fork or harpoon, matches for signaling, warmth and boiling water. knife can be used for the spear tip or making the spear opening hard shell food source, some islands have rocks that can throw spark (fire), rubbing the sand on the sides will brighten the dull blade thus can be used for signaling. ropes have multiple uses from constructing shelters to using on a harpoon, the tarp for sheltering to signaling to catching rain water.

I don't see the fishing pole as useless,,,,we all get to make our own choices some good some not so good

you will not catch me out where I could get stranded on an island,,,I have no use for the ocean

Thank you all for participating. Some things I didn't take into consideration. If anyone else wants to share their 2 cents...by all means.

I wish GOOGLE was an option on that list. I would just GOOGLE my azz out of the situation. :D

Tarp, pot, mirror and knife.
Same ones I picked before reading your post. The tarp is protection from the elements, knife is for fire wood, hunting, and just good all around tool. The pot is for water purification and cooking, and the mirror is for signaling for help. It was a toss up between the flare gun and the mirror, but what if the flare got wet?

Latest posts

Back