Pet Peeve IF the SHTF

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that is true, but the run on bottled water when water was coming out of the tap was weird. Do these people normally buy bottled water? I know they do if they are a soccer mom and bring water for their little ones...sports and school. Were they really concerned the city water was going to fail?
People don't like to do without tp, and they weren't going to work or school, so more at home using it. Many bathrooms in places like grocery stores ...where the store was open to 25%, but the bathrooms were closed. We keep some bottled water, but not much. We keep stored water, and have two berkeys to filter it if we use it for drinking. Have our own well, too. Lots of well hand pumps in our area because it's Amish, and no electricity.

the bottled water was exactly the same as the TP - just dumbazz rumors floating around and the sheeple start fighting over it - no real shortage even possible in the US for something like Covid >>> only minuscule truth was the extra TP sold to the public because of job and restaurant/entertainment closings - people were at home more ....

We were living in Albuquerque NM when it all happened. The shortages at the stores read like a prepper buy list: tp, water, salt, spices, canned food, pasta, pasta sauce. We were fine, I keep a year of all we need. But it took a long while before things were stocked again. I went to Sams in April last year and it was shocking to see a whole aisle of baking stuff and the entire spice aisle completely bare. Even the cocoa powder and yeast. I couldn't help but wonder if people that don't normally cook knew what to do with what they bought.

Latest posts

Back