Pest Control

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sure will as long as your horses will leave them alone. We can't put them in the tank that our youngest daughter's Saddlebred uses, that heathen eats them, he chases them and then slurps them down.

They sure will as long as your horses will leave them alone. We can't put them in the tank that our youngest daughter's Saddlebred uses, that heathen eats them, he chases them and then slurps them down.

is it a shallow water container? we use them in the larger spring fed waterers and unless the level gets really low we generally do not have beef on fish crime.

For the fish murderer, he has one of the long, oval, metal water troughs, I'd say it's over 2 foot deep and 4 foot long. He's just a freak. I don't know if you've ever been around an American Saddlebred, but they just ain't right and that's all I can say about them. They just ain't baked all the way done in the middle. I worked on a top breeding farm for them and my hubs trained there, actually Flame is from one of their lines so it explains A LOT! Any how, we had horses that were afraid of sunshine, afraid of their own farts, afraid of shadows on the ground, afraid of you on their left side when they loved you on their right side. Like I said, they just ain't right. Flame wasn't ready to be broke until he was 10, yeah, we could have bucked him out and forced it on him, but we don't like to do it like that and no, we don't horse whisper them either. Just a lot of ground driving and all that and he did great with that and driving, he just wasn't mentally cooked enough to be ridden safely yet until he was about 10, hubs got a couple goes on him no problem, kidlet decided she was taking him. Threw her western saddle up on him and away she went. It's like the two were made for each other. With her, he acts like an old cow pony that has some sense, she can put heel on him and he listens does what he needs to do, no problems, no spooking, nothing. Hubs rides him, and oh my sweet sainted Granny, you'd think the devil himself had taken residence in that horse's behind. Spooking, dancing like a fool, running sideways, throwing his head in the air, spittin' the bit. Flame's only saving grace is that he always takes care of that girl.

Heeeee.... I didn't answer the question. Flame is just a freak. He actually will chase the fish down, sticking his head in to catch them. If you toss apples in the tank he does the same thing.

For the fish murderer, he has one of the long, oval, metal water troughs, I'd say it's over 2 foot deep and 4 foot long. He's just a freak. I don't know if you've ever been around an American Saddlebred, but they just ain't right and that's all I can say about them. They just ain't baked all the way done in the middle. I worked on a top breeding farm for them and my hubs trained there, actually Flame is from one of their lines so it explains A LOT! Any how, we had horses that were afraid of sunshine, afraid of their own farts, afraid of shadows on the ground, afraid of you on their left side when they loved you on their right side. Like I said, they just ain't right. Flame wasn't ready to be broke until he was 10, yeah, we could have bucked him out and forced it on him, but we don't like to do it like that and no, we don't horse whisper them either. Just a lot of ground driving and all that and he did great with that and driving, he just wasn't mentally cooked enough to be ridden safely yet until he was about 10, hubs got a couple goes on him no problem, kidlet decided she was taking him. Threw her western saddle up on him and away she went. It's like the two were made for each other. With her, he acts like an old cow pony that has some sense, she can put heel on him and he listens does what he needs to do, no problems, no spooking, nothing. Hubs rides him, and oh my sweet sainted Granny, you'd think the devil himself had taken residence in that horse's behind. Spooking, dancing like a fool, running sideways, throwing his head in the air, spittin' the bit. Flame's only saving grace is that he always takes care of that girl.

Yeah, I kinda always put Saddlebreds in the same "tainted" category as Hackney Ponies....that has got to be the only beast that can rear, bite, and kick you in one fatal swoop! Used to show some cart ponies for a farm back in Virginia, a million years ago! Seriously, if you have to put a towel over its head to get it out of the stall, on the horsetrailer, or into the show ring....really?? I don't think they should be allowed to reproduce, just sayin'

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Welllll..... some of them have their places. If you can find one that does it's job well and does it while staying sane, then you have a hell of a horse. There's just been way too much inbreeding and linebreeding done to get what would have originally been considered flaws. Right before I got pregnant with our youngest, hubs brought home a Hackney pony from the Miller stables, she was a fun little thing, not too goofy, but she was a leg waving fool. An older lady down the road fell in love with her and would come down every day to talk to her over the fence and bring her treats. One day after talking to hubs, we talked to the lady and her husband and Layla was walked down to their place and there she stayed. I'd rather give on to a home where I know it's going to be loved and taken care of than sell it and not be sure.

Flame, he's not too terribly bug nuts, the kidlet can jump up on him, put her heel on him and go and he doesn't bat an eyelash. She asks him to stop, she gets change back. I should mention that he's in a smooth snaffle. He's a good boy for her, but only for her and he'll be her horse until the end of his days. Now anyone can hook him to a rig and he goes down the road like Aunt Sadie's old grey mare so that's good. He's just hell on goldfish.

on Topic, I know that ants don't like crossing lines of talcum/baby powder.

Anyone else got any natural and easily accessible tips on pest control, I liked the one with the bucket and the soda can, could catch a bit of food that way.

I am phobic of roaches, had to stay with a family member for a year when I was little... they were everywhere. You could feel them crawl on you while you tried sleeping.. a real life nightmare X(

I am phobic of roaches, had to stay with a family member for a year when I was little... they were everywhere. You could feel them crawl on you while you tried sleeping.. a real life nightmare X(
made my skin crawl. when i was younger, i would step on a roach when the oportunity came, but now i cant get myself to do it. i can feel the crunch through the shoe, and it just sound nasty.

made my skin crawl. when i was younger, i would step on a roach when the oportunity came, but now i cant get myself to do it. i can feel the crunch through the shoe, and it just sound nasty.
oh no, the worst part was when one would fly into my hair THEN ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE.

Or those brown beetle bugs that come to the light in the summer time I hate those thing with a purple passion. I'm not as bad as my sister. She still gets the screaming fits if one gets in her hair.

Or those brown beetle bugs that come to the light in the summer time I hate those thing with a purple passion. I'm not as bad as my sister. She still gets the screaming fits if one gets in her hair.
june beetles or waterbugs? Hate um both.

For me, June bugs are huge things and kind of a shiny greeny color and I think the ones that I was talking about in the other post are the waterbugs, nasty, evil, horrid devil bugs.

For me, June bugs are huge things and kind of a shiny greeny color and I think the ones that I was talking about in the other post are the waterbugs, nasty, evil, horrid devil bugs.
yes, yes they, you took the words right out my mouth!

Latest posts

Back