Personal hygiene items

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We buy a lot of personal items. After Christmas walmart had a buggy of full sized shampoo conditioner and 2 styling products that were bundled in a zipper bag. They were on sale for $2 each. I purchased the entire buggy! Big score for us. Other than that we shop at SAMs a lot and dollar stores and we buy tons of hygiene items on sale and with coupons. I would say I have at least 3 years with of hygiene products.

I wonder what the younger people will do for birth control when there are no more Drug Stores. Also, what about those of us who are on medication and can't live without it? Scary thought.

Instead of tampons. . .farm raised sea sponges. Get a large sponge and divide it into strawberry sized, that are rounded. To insert, wet sponge, squeeze out excess water and insert. Replace as needed. To clean: Wash in 1 T baking soda and 1 cup warm water or 1 T cider vinegar and 1 cup warm water. or boil for 2 minutes. Air dry in sunshine and store in a cool dry place. They should last at least a year

Beware of "toxic shock syndrome." It would be safer to use something disposable or used externally.

We will most likely have a population increase, but then you have to figure in how many women will die in childbirth or afterward as well as a high infant mortality rate due to infection and diseases that are not thought of in today's medicine. Polio, measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, and numerous other things that we vaccinate for now, will be deadly to later generations of children.

I was reading a survival book today and the one thing that stuck out was that we need not wash any part of our body with soap other then our hands. So, tampons and hand soap/sanitizer is something I'll be stocking up on more.

I hate hand sanitizer. I used to have to use it when I worked at the mental hospital and my skin would dry and crack so bad on my hands. The only thing I keep that stuff around for is to start a stubborn fire.

I hate hand sanitizer. I used to have to use it when I worked at the mental hospital and my skin would dry and crack so bad on my hands. The only thing I keep that stuff around for is to start a stubborn fire.
Hahahaha! I hear ya! I made the mistake the other day of licking my finger after using sanitizer. It tastes as it smells.

People are too afraid to get dirty or let their kids get dirty these days. I think that is slowly killing us by not letting our bodies build up immunities to things.

I definitely agree with that! My husband's, friend's wife will not let her son bring in any toys that he's played with outside. That's just insane to me.

I always hear about the normal stuff people save but what about personal hygiene items? I have to say that, even though I'm new to prepping, I probably have a 2 year supply of personal items because I can't stop myself from buying them when they go on sale. I use a lot of coupons and try to save them until the item goes on sale so I can get it relatively cheap.

Anybody else do this?

LOL, I have a sister-in-law that won't let her son go outside when they come to our house. He might get germs.:rolleyes:

LOL, I have a sister-in-law that won't let her son go outside when they come to our house. He might get germs.:rolleyes:
LOL ... one day I walked out in the back yard where my (about 8 years old) son and my wife were. My son yelled "Hey Papa, watch this"... and he ran and jumped off the garage roof on to the trampoline. I asked my wife "what are you thinking letting him do that?!?" She said "Please, I did crazier things than that growing up!" (Her mom had 9 kids... and they all lived!)

Sadly, disease may well make a comeback, as well as a higher death rate for women giving birth.

My cousin and I used to jump from cow back to cow back to get from one end of the dairy string to the other. Decided to ride a bull when I was 6. Yeah, I'm lucky I'm not worm food yet.

Yeah, when I was a kid (I was in first or second grade) ... times were so much different than now. One day I found a snake, picked it up and put it in a bucket ... turned out the snake was a Water Moccasin.

I did that little trick with a copperhead. Ran in to show my Mom. She lost her ever-loving mind. Now I know why. I was bit by a copperhead in 2010 and it nearly ended my life. Spent a week in ICU and another 2 week in a regular room. Let me tell you, you never get over waking up to see a priest standing besides you in the process of giving you Last Rites. I ended up losing part of my finger from that one.

Latest posts

Back