Pepper: Habenero Hot Pepper

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
The Habenero is an extremely hot pepper. Primarily used as a dry pepper powder, oil extract, or in sauces. SHU of 280,000 units.Dates back to the 1700s. Average: 93 days

clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gif
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Right_Bottom.gif

DBox_Border_Left_MidDiv.gif
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Right_MidDiv.gif

clear1x1.gif

Features

• Comes in E-Z Lock resealable, reusable triple-layered foil packets
  • Seeds are open pollinated and can be grown, harvested, and replanted endlessly
  • Dried & sealed airtight for long-term storage
  • Nutritional value: A low calorie source of Calcium, Iron and Vitamins A, C, B1, B2 and Niacin

I tried growing some habaneros because I like making habanero sauce, but the plants shriveled up and died. Something wrong with my soil I think.

There is a good thick layer of top soil and of course potting soil around the plants. They grew at first while the roots were still in the potting soil. But then they just kind of petered out and shriveled up. Same thing happened this year with some Okra plants. There are roses at the other end of the same bed that grow like crazy.

I have a lot of trouble even growing grass. When I first moved here, half the yard was moss. I limed the yard this spring and it seemed to help, so maybe the dirt is too acidic from all the oak trees. It is very sandy and rocky too.

Last edited:
oh ok..oak trees and it being sandy could be it..one thing i always do when there's more leafs and or pine straw on the ground then i care for..i go ahead and clean all that up.and get out of the yard.then keep it that way.sanagestine can grow in sandy dirt if i remember right...

I love 'em. I don't know about eating them in amounts large enough to get a good dose of vitamin c, but we've grown them in our family off and on since I was a teenager, along with jalapenos. Come to think of ti, I think we've grown more of them than we have tomatoes! :eek: I remember my dad drying them out in the microwave once and you'd have thought we all got pepper sprayed! AWFUL! We never grew them in our soil, though. We always had them in pots with good soil. Ours is all clay, it seems. Dunno about it's PH, but I like using bought soil if possible. I'm sure it's not as good as knowing how to grow in our own soil, but I've been talking to QuietH3art about "Growing up" to maximize our growth potential. I would really like to get a garden going next season. Definitely with some Habeneros!

BTW, have any of you ever had Habeneros that are somewhat sweet, too? We bought some from the farmer's market and sold them to some of our friends and everyone seemed to like them quite a bit. The man told us they were Habs, but they were sweeter than any Habs I've ever had, and not quite as hot. Physically, they looked the same though.

i've often thought about using some to make my own pepper spray.but haven't come across anything that i prefer using as a sprayer..

I raise Habenero every year I like them with Mexican food or pot of chilie or Bar B Que . I cant make it through a whole one and no one else in my family eats them . I realy like cow horne pepper too .

Latest posts

Back