"People" said this wouldn't ever happen

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainingcatzanddogs

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
We don't ever buy new. We bought new once 25 years ago and it was a waste of money. My last two vehicles (which I still have) were bought for cash at auction. They get a little fix up (son is a mechanic and hubby is good with cars) and they are right as rain. Can't do a DIY with an electric vehicle.

Got into a bidding war with a 20 something kid for the F350 at the auction. These older guys were just looking at him and shaking their heads...after the hammer fell and I had it, one of the guys came up to the kid and said "Son, when a woman has that look in her eye, you just let her be. You ain't winnin' nothin'."

I saw the Kommunist Republik heading towards this a couple years ago. My wife loves a certain brand and was trying push me to it. They make decent vehicles, but not a 3/4 ton, not diesel. So that’s why I started speccing it out. First new one I bought for myself in 30 years.
I appreciate the power when I am pulling a loaded 16ft trailer up a 3 mile grade (1500ft elevation rise)
Saw a 2019 Duramax on a dealer lot today, just about choked when I saw 72k price on it. I may not see any depreciation thanks to the Kommunist Republik.

I saw the Kommunist Republik heading towards this a couple years ago. My wife loves a certain brand and was trying push me to it. They make decent vehicles, but not a 3/4 ton, not diesel. So that’s why I started speccing it out. First new one I bought for myself in 30 years.
I appreciate the power when I am pulling a loaded 16ft trailer up a 3 mile grade (1500ft elevation rise)
Saw a 2019 Duramax on a dealer lot today, just about choked when I saw 72k price on it. I may not see any depreciation thanks to the Kommunist Republik.
That's why I always buy new. I can pick out the model I want and order it equipped exact the way I want. There is no reason to ever pay $72,000 for a new pickup, and even less for a used one. You can, but you don't need too.
EV's will never work for us. My gooseneck trailers are 25' and I can barely get them in and out of our road. Between home and town (18 miles) there's a 2500 foot elevation change. The auction yard is over 100 miles one way. Where the hell would I charge my truck? Assuming they evem made a truck that would make that trip pulling a load of cattle.
Wide spread EV's are just a commie wet dream.

I have agreed that there is no infrastructure where you are. It does not make sense for you For EV. My 16 ft trailer is about the most you can get up my road safely and I had a CDL for 20 years. Enough to haul my tractor and hay.
I specked the truck out with downhill descent control, so I can make the downhill slope in snow (about 3 mornings a year).
I am hedging all my bets with a diesel, gas and electric. I can make a 500 trip to LA only taking a half hour longer with the electric. I do have infrastructure for that car to work.
As popular as it is to hate on EVs, they do have a place. Maybe not in your area. But gasoline wasn’t available everywhere back in horse and buggy days.

Paid cash for my current truck in 2006. Brand new but last year model so they were trying to move it. My wife talked them down to the ridiculously low price of $16,000 and she got mad at me for agreeing to that price. She thought she could get them down even more, LOL
I priced a new truck the other day, They want 76000 for a new pickup and the prop tax was going to be 1400 a year!! THEY are OUT OF THEIR MINDS!!!

Latest posts

Back